Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I can’t see him moving back after 4 years at 23 years old to get flogged for the next 2-3 years. If he tracks as we all hope he’ll still get a good deal from us and can set himself up to consider a move to Tasmania as free agent when they’re through the s**t years.

In any case, I don't think it's as huge an issue as people are making it out to be. Sanders is a Launny boy, which obviously has short direct flights to Melbourne and is over a two hour drive from Hobart. Obviously the Tassie team will be a pull factor but I think people are not fully accounting for the difference of originating from Launny/Hobart.

Yes you are overestimation Harmes. his form dropped at Melbourne from being a regular solid contributor to not getting a game. My mum and brother are Melbourne supporters and vouch for this.

Can he turn it around. Yes as you say he is still young and a fresh start can do that. I'm sure he will play round 1 and play well early, most do. His challenge will be to maintain that form for the whole year. Lets hope so, yet as the year progresses, he may be fringe 20 to 25 range.

wait, he can play wing? did he play wing for the dees? any potential wing option is a tick from me.

Am I overestimating Harmes?

He is a walk up start in our best 22 imo.

He has the runs on the board as a HFF and could possibly kick 20-30 goals and play some defensive midfield minutes. We all remember his jobs on Libba during 2021.

He is only 28 so could eek out another 3-4 years of solid footy.
I rated him highly during the Dees 21' premiership run. High-quality role player at his best. However, watching him in the early parts of this preseason, he looked out of shape to me. Maybe he has improved a lot in the last 6 weeks. If he has the commitment and desire to get back to his best, he will be a handy pickup.

Am I overestimating Harmes?

He is a walk up start in our best 22 imo.

He has the runs on the board as a HFF and could possibly kick 20-30 goals and play some defensive midfield minutes. We all remember his jobs on Libba during 2021.

He is only 28 so could eek out another 3-4 years of solid footy.
Harmes is the tagger that finally frees up libba imo

What a ******* joke. They play games there already. They say they want to represent Western Victoria, hence embracing the name Western Bulldogs. Do they realise Victoria goes further west than Ballarat?
What, it's a joke as part of our overall commitment to the city of Ballarat that they're paying us for (population over 100,000), that we're not taking our school clinics and public access to Nhill or wherever? What do you honestly suggest is the alertnative? Interest in our Ballarat games would be far less if we didn't do our community week and such there.

What, it's a joke as part of our overall commitment to the city of Ballarat that they're paying us for (population over 100,000), that we're not taking our school clinics and public access to Nhill or wherever? What do you honestly suggest is the alertnative? Interest in our Ballarat games would be far less if we didn't do our community week and such there.

Playing in Ballarat is a poor look for our club and cost us playing finals last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can split up. No schools out this way get to have footy clinics with AFL players. 44 players don't need to strictly go to Ballarat. The Dogs have enough profile in Ballarat now that they could send 10 players to Ballarat, 10 to Warrnambool, 10 to Horsham for example. I guess the west really does stop at Ballarat 🙄

What a ******* joke. They play games there already. They say they want to represent Western Victoria, hence embracing the name Western Bulldogs. Do they realise Victoria goes further west than Ballarat?
Agreed, The Club's investment in Ballarat well and truly exceeds the potential return.

I would love to see one of the Ballarat games moved to the Whitten Oval (once the redevelopment is complete).

It would be a dream come true to see the doggies play a home game at the Kennell (imagine the demand for a ticket! Would probably have to restrict ticketing to members).

Y'all can complain about Ballarat
But I will always cherish the memory of seeing the footy go over the roof and land into a person freshly purchased 4 beers tray

Remove this Banner Ad

Back