Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite time of the year is admiring these thick, solid, tight bodies and fooling myself into thinking that muscle mass will translate into great team performance in the coming season.
Whose girth has you particularly stirred so far, Scrag?

My favourite time of the year is admiring these thick, solid, tight bodies and fooling myself into thinking that muscle mass will translate into great team performance in the coming season.
Every player looks like they have out on 10kg of muscle when photographed in the middle of a set!

Exclusive image from preseason day one:

View attachment 1845218
The only person I recognise is a Caleb Daniel look-alike at the rear. On his left, how did we get Christian Petracca in a Bulldogs jumper? I'm sure that's Will Hayes crouching behind the coach, but isn't he a horse trainer these days!

The only person I recognise is a Caleb Daniel look-alike at the rear. On his left, how did we get Christian Petracca in a Bulldogs jumper? I'm sure that's Will Hayes crouching behind the coach, but isn't he a horse trainer these days!
Top left looks a bit like Sam Power might draft himself at pick 5

Exclusive image from preseason day one:

View attachment 1845218
Nice to see (L to R) Easton Boyd, Rhylee Fletcher, Shane Keath, Stewart Cloak, Jordan Redpath, Marcus Crozier, ??, Bailey Williams, Caleb Daniel, ??, Tom Eagleton, Jordon Campbell and Josh Roughead part of our best 22 group for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Western Bulldogs captain Marcus Bontempelli underwent ankle surgery on Monday, after noticing some swelling at pre-season training.

The star midfielder had just returned from some time away in Canada and the U.S, but says the ankle was giving him a few issues and the club felt it was best to get the procedure done as soon as possible.

Bontempelli says he expects to be back up and running for the November 27 beginning of pre-season training.

“I’ll move to ease everyone’s tensions or concerns, it’s just a little ankle clean-up,” he told SEN Breakfast.

“Got through the season and whatnot pretty good and then had my break, started training and noticed a few little signs, a little bit of swelling and it was staying a little bit angry post-session since coming back from my off-season trip.

“So we just decided it was better to act now rather than pushing into the pre-season and then season, going for a little tidy up.

“Should still be well and truly on track to get things going once we’re back on the 27th of November.

“No big concern here, better to act sooner rather than later and get going. Should be (walking) properly by the end of the week.”

Bontempelli will still have a busy November, with the launch of his second children’s book – Little Bont’s Brave Play.

Panic Omg GIF

Did he get some artwork on his ankle while o/s, triggering some sort of infection? This new gf is not a great influence, needs one with a lifelong passion for footy...

Either that or our new medical team already showing their incompetence in preparation for 2024.

(Joking on both counts obviously - I actually blame Bont for causing the issue by being less than professional while o/s. Surprised he hasn't been trying to break wipers off cars in the streets around VUWO tbh.... 🤪)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back