Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure tigers even posted their whole match sim one arvo, definitely room for improvement - I mean it’s obviously all being filmed so surely not hard (probably easier?) to just post one or two a year for people who want to watch it,

I dunno the club probably doesn’t realise we want that s**t tbh, someone send an email 😂
Start typing

We quickly forget that at one stage McComb was one of those promising late bloomers who had been quite prolific in the VFL. Not really a small forward but maybe they thought he could have been moulded into one if he wasn't up to being a midfielder. We gave him a decent chance and it didn't work out, but at least nobody died wondering.
I’m sorry but he definitely wasn’t - he never had the skillset required for AFL footy this should have been clear to anyone who watched him in the VFL. It was a s**t pick up and that didn’t take hindsight, my first post canning the selection was on Nov 26th 2021 😂 the selection was poor, the 2nd year we gave him was even worse and the 18 games we wasted on him were borderline negligent.

But anyway my point is that I’m much happier using the last few spots on young high upside types who probably won’t make it but actually have AFL level attributes, than 26yo battlers from the VFL who have no real skills aside from accumulation at VFL level

From what I've seen of Spicer, he's Arty with half the ability.
I can't see in what universe he gets senior games with us, especially since we have Clarke developing who might not quite have the same legspeed but has shown proper forward craft at VFL level. If we really want legspeed in the forward half - VDM is quick, aggressive and for all his flaws has at least led the AFL in a statistic (repeat sprints) which is something.

I can't see in what universe he gets senior games with us, especially since we have Clarke developing who might not quite have the same legspeed but has shown proper forward craft at VFL level. If we really want legspeed in the forward half - VDM is quick, aggressive and for all his flaws has at least led the AFL in a statistic (repeat sprints) which is something.
Regards VDM the best ability is availability. He struggles too much with his body.

Only Tiny sample I have seen , but I think he might have arty for skills.
These light body indigenous kids can often be late bloomers.

Do you really think Collingwood coahes are going to see a 4 second piece of play from JOD, completely out of context and come up with a new strategy on how to beat us?

No but they do attend training sessions and the like where possible.

Every club will send scouts to other clubs (including the Dogs) training sessions where possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with Spicer at north wasn't skills. He has oodles of it. Its that he eschews body contact. Hopefully that changes with us.

Yes, I recall reading North posters and their frustration with this. Very much 'outside' player, and I think that's being generous.

For the practice match against Hawthorn on Friday , is entry to the ground still only via the entrance near the train station or is there another entrance.

When will they announce the team? How many on the interchange?
Most clubs seem to be doing extended games or Melb vs Rich was 7 ‘qtrs’ so there’s no limit on interchange. Some guys played a half some just the last 3 qtrs etc

I wonder how we’ll structure our match hopefully it’s a full list hitout over 7 - 8 qtrs

Most clubs seem to be doing extended games or Melb vs Rich was 7 ‘qtrs’ so there’s no limit on interchange. Some guys played a half some just the last 3 qtrs etc

I wonder how we’ll structure our match hopefully it’s a full list hitout over 7 - 8 qtrs

WESTERN BULLDOGS v HAWTHORN

Friday, February 23, 11am (AEDT) at Whitten Oval

(4 x 30 minute periods)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back