Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

How good would it be to have a ruck we could actually rely on to be competitive in that position for a change. It’s killed us for years when we’ve had a midfield that could have been not just good but unstoppable if they had real ruck talent there.
Our ruck was literally the All-Australian in the position last year. Surely that holds better value in helping us win than if a bloke who only gets 7 touches a game has the ability to physically run into opposition rucks? What are we even talking about here?

Haven’t watched either game but based on the comments it feels like next weeks best 23 is coming together:

Khamis Jones Coffield
Richards ??? Dale
??? Sander Williams
McNeil JUH Weightman
Naughton Darcy Clarke
English Bont Libba

Treloar, Harmes, JJ, ??? ???

Can anyone fill the gaps?

5 I believe with a quarter to go
This is huge. Last year in the VFL, he had two games with more than one goal and only two where he had >2 scoring shots.

I'd have him in for a showdown with McNeil for the last small forward spot next week.

Haven’t watched either game but based on the comments it feels like next weeks best 23 is coming together:

Khamis Jones Coffield
Richards ??? Dale
??? Sander Williams
McNeil JUH Weightman
Naughton Darcy Clarke
English Bont Libba

Treloar, Harmes, JJ, ??? ???

Can anyone fill the gaps?

Lobb was really good too.

Darcy hit the scoreboard but Lobb was marking everything and linking well with naughton.

I saw glimpses of talent in the VFL last year but the rate of improvement is nuts. Came back in good shape and was running well but even against a mostly Box Hill side it's a fantastic sign for the kid

Didn't he miss last years pre season? I can vaguely remember a lingering injury holding him back and his running was well behind the standard.

I'm hoping he comes on quickly like Weightman did after the first year.

Darcy hit the scoreboard but Lobb was marking everything and linking well with naughton.
I’ve spoken about this previously but I think if it’s between the two, Darcy plays if their output is similar. It’s super stiff for Lobb but Darcy has the higher ceiling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Lobb did a world of work getting to a tonne of contests and taking several grabs. Still think he's a fair way ahead of Darcy who for me is still growing into his body despite hitting the scoreboard.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back