Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t understand how we can go from what we did last week to this against the same team. We are fielding a better team on paper and yet we look a lot worse and obviously the goal kicking is putrid but it wasn’t exactly great last week either but still much better than this.

When you constantly miss easy shots for goal it is so deflating to everyone on the team. You see the heads drop. And then when the other team takes their chances and makes you pay it compounds the problem and the heads drop even more. It’s a disease that must be fixed and it’s been this way for far too long.

Heads should have rolled for this much earlier but unfortunately the club is weak and has never seriously addressed it. If the season starts the same way as this and let’s face it, none of us think it will be any different, how long do we have to wait until someone at the club does something about it?

One less tall forward and no Weightman (thinking he’s a tall) in that forward line.

And a competitive ruck in the contest

You would think a coach that worked at Hawthorn in the middle of their three-peat would understand the value of practicing accurate goalkicking. Alas, we have have had accuracy problems the entire time Beveridge has been the coach.

They play here a lot more. Most teams are s**t here

We play here basically every year. We should be better than this.

Plus at least four of our set shots would have been nowhere near the goals on any ground in Australia. The technique is embarrassing for so-called professional footballers.

Same, same but no different. Yes, it is only a practice match but gee it looks a lot like the game against WCE last season. We just do not cover the ground and lack speed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The melts for a practice match are next level 👌

There's a wind here. We don't play here this year and will pants them in Melbourne
It’s the fact that it’s the same old problems that are causing people to react this way. You watch in the pre season to see if you can see some evidence of the work they have been doing to address the problems that caused us to fail the previous year. But when you see the same old issues again and again, you have to be super human to not react. Why don’t they fix these problems? Why is our goal kicking accuracy such an issue year after year after year? Why is our inability to defend quick ball movement a constant problem? Why can we never seem to have any dominance in the ruck (even when we have the all Australian ruckman)?

Its the same old s**t every year and as far as I can tell they have done nothing over the off season to address any of the issues that were very evident for the past two years.

I missed all of the reports from the VFL match today, did we have any stand outs? We’re going to need to drop 4-5 from this squad, so I hope we have a few ready to go from the 2nds.

2023s huge problem. Hope it doesn’t go into 2024.
All of our issues from one year translate into the next. We have an inability to correct major deficiencies year on year. Poor goal kicking accuracy, poor forward entries, failure to stop opposition run ons, missed tackles. The list is growing too

Only a practice game but not good signs

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Look, I’m not a fan of Bevo but blaming him for the set shot accuracy in a preseason game seems a bit extreme

I’ve said in another thread that the players are to blame here, they’re professionals and this is complete incompetence.

That said, we’ve been a terrible goalkicking team for basically all of Bevo’s tenure, and as it is the only stat that actually matters for win/loss then it’s mind-boggling we’re still this bad. Do we just draft and recruit bad kicks?

Stepbrothers is on foxtel at the moment - the finger is hovering over the remote. I’ve seen it 100 times, but I have also seen the doggies kick point after point on many occasions

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do it. I’m giving them 10 minutes of the third before I load up Napoleon on Apple TV.

It’s meant to be crap but it can’t be much worse than this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back