Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Cody believes he’s like Fritsch or Gunston, when he should be looking more at Rioli or Pickett.

It’s one of the main issues with the forward line. If he gets it then this could be incredibly potent.
I really like Cody and reckon he is set for a great career. But it might do him a whole lot of good to get dropped for a game or two early in the season if he can't play disciplined football. Obviously a wagging finger hasn't made any impression on him so far.

With McNeil and West doing very well in this game the opportunity is finally there.

West reaching the levels he was supposed to reach 3 years ago, except a certain coach was keeping him out of the side in favor of Vandermeer, McNeil, Anthony Scott and Roarke Smith.

I think Cody believes he’s like Fritsch or Gunston, when he should be looking more at Rioli or Pickett.

It’s one of the main issues with the forward line. If he gets it then this could be incredibly potent.
Someone should Clockwork Orange him until he gets it. It is really not a difficult role to play.

Great quarter.

Can’t comment on the forward line as I’m at the opposite end of the ground.

Their last goal English had great position to punch the ball but just flat handed it down.

Midfield were a lot better with their spread and handball work to find space.

This is one of the areas where English is a problem. Hes good at ground level but sometimes needs to be more “agricultural”.

Get it out of danger, then think about what to do.

West and McNeil pretty important with an opposition that is keyed in on Weightman.

Plenty of involvement and 6 goals from Marra and Naughton in workmanlike fashion. Really good signs.

We finally changed up the mids at the CBAs and had our biggest run of centre clearances. Obviously might be a coincidence, but our refusal to change it up in recent years has been a bugbear and it’s positive to see balanced players like Harmes and Sanders in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who comes out for Dale. Duryea?
On form, yes. CD potentially. Bramble is playing himself into the Round 1 side.
Buks played very well early but could be unlucky as JOD comes in.

I like Gags but he's not ready. Scott or Poulter come in to Round 1.

We should be belting the hawks with the team they have in. I guess we are in scoring shots now but that second quarter is a real worry in what good quick teams may to us.

I wonder if it’s coincidental that we looked much better with Daniel on the field.

As a defender he’s problematic, but he probably needs to play as he just provides class and composure.
The bloke has hardly ever been out of our top 10 in the B&F (he won it in 2020 and was also an AA).

I don't get why people are beating up on him. They seem to do it every year. I'm putting it down to heightism.

English decided to actually work a bit harder in the 3rd and was more competitive. Midfield also decided to run a bit harder. A few of our players have hardly had a touch, looking at you Weightman. Interesting last quarter comng up.

Someone should Clockwork Orange him until he gets it. It is really not a difficult role to play.

Agree. It’s ludicrous that he’s still doing this 2-3 years on. wtf are the forward coaches doing? Why are his teammates not hammering it in to him?

He could be spoken about as the top 3-5 small forwards in the comp. But at this rate he’ll just be a decent forward.

We should be belting the hawks with the team they have in. I guess we are in scoring shots now but that second quarter is a real worry in what good quick teams may to us.

We would have belted them early if it was played at any other ground... UTAS for Hawks is like Geelong playing at their home ground. Its a big advantage for them with the wind and conditions. We just couldnt handle the wind and kicked a heap of behinds

Agree. It’s ludicrous that he’s still doing this 2-3 years on. wtf are the forward coaches doing? Why are his teammates not hammering it in to him?

He could be spoken about as the top 3-5 small forwards in the comp. But at this rate he’ll just be a decent forward.
Weightman is a small lead and mark full forward. This is that he will always be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back