Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely curious about Daniel and his best position.

I think we accept he gets exposed in the back line. Is he too slow for the midfield and forwardline?

He is so skilful but I struggle to see somewhere that he starts on the ground

Sanders has such a good combination of attributes. Was touted as being heavily inside but his ability to run, carry and dispose of the ball accurately is going to be very valuable for us.

Potential successor to both Treloar and Libba.

He's also fairly quick. Not linebreaking speed but fast enough to get away from a pack.

We looked a million bucks in last years pre-season game so not too concerned about the result.

I’m a bit against the grain, I think our backline can/holds up ok. I like the addition of Coffield & Buku looks ok (just look to get the ball to our distributors quicker). Definitely that small back is a concern.

Where we get done imo is our midfield pressing too far forward. Which one, clogs up our forward line. Two, it leaves the ability of teams to get past them and have easy delivery into their forward line (which makes our backline look worse).

Jumarrah looks great, and seems to be the one that is ok leading forward. McNeil has looked good, give him a good crack this year. I love Naughty as the CHF, big tank, taking big grabs on the wing when we need it. Leave Lobb/Darcy deep when we can (match-ups may mean that Lobb runs their opponent). Cody is a funny one, we honestly need him as a lead up & pressure forward. He’s a good kick so maybe use him higher rather than trying to contest with Naughty/JUH/Lobb/Darcy. West is turning into a really good small forward, that can pinch hit in the middle.

Our best footy for ever and an age has been quick movement, through the middle, with the use of handball to advantage. Our contest is ok, but we can’t match many teams with ball movement (both offensive & defensive). We have to live or die on that…and I’m ok with that. If we die but it’s through ball movement mistakes, I’m ok. What kills is lack of ball movement and just not scoring even though dominating play.

Bramble looked good tonight. Don’t
think Gallagher is ready. Lobb/Darcy is going to be interesting (I’m not either way).

I’m looking forward to what Coffield & Harmes can offer this team.

Lol ... those melts at half time

Lol…. posters who wait until after the fact to be clever.

The final score is fine against an undermanned bottom six side, but I still have massive concerns over goal kicking (let’s check set shot conversion before we get too excited) as well as letting other teams get a run on.

It’s almost like these are things we’d been concerned about and hoped would be addressed in preseason.

Sanders has such a good combination of attributes. Was touted as being heavily inside but his ability to run, carry and dispose of the ball accurately is going to be very valuable for us.

Potential successor to both Treloar and Libba.

There will never be another Libba of the Tom type he is that good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Power BOG.

Bramble, Coffield and Harmes all played well.

Harmes could've had two goals. 1 goal, 17 disposals and 5 tackles. You take that every day of the week for a high half forward rotating defensive mid.

The final score is fine against an undermanned bottom six side, but I still have massive concerns over goal kicking (let’s check set shot conversion before we get too excited) as well as letting other teams get a run on.

It’s almost like these are things we’d been concerned about and hoped would be addressed in preseason.

We had a great second half, let’s just focus on the positives. It takes some time, all our new players looked great and lots of good signs from that game.

I'm not surprised you have this response.

It's inaccuracy not "letting teams get a run on". That's just lazy analysis. Usually have plenty of shots during those "run ons"

Maybe go back and look at my half time comments if it's not too hard for you

Last edited:
Ryley Sanders with 30 disposals, 1 goal assist and 10 score involvements that kid is going to be special
He had accumulated 10 disposals a few minutes into the third quarter, so he clearly cleaned up in the latter part of the game.

Was he playing a different role after half time?

He had accumulated 10 disposals a few minutes into the third quarter, so he clearly cleaned up in the latter part of the game.

Was he playing a different role after half time?
Ryley started playing as a half forward but as the game want on he got more midfield time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back