Training 2024 Preseason Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

About the same, it was 15 Feb last year.
I thought, for some reason, you used to get looks at players in games before deciding.

I assume that stopped last year as per Eth.

I thought, for some reason, you used to get looks at players in games before deciding.

I assume that stopped last year as per Eth.
Yeah, must be. We didn't really sign anyone last year in the SSP if I recall.

I remember that Martin and Wanganeen played a scratchy against the Dogs in 2022 before we signed them.

I remember that Martin and Wanganeen played a scratchy against the Dogs in 2022 before we signed them.
Thank Christ Martin did.

We’re carrying the empty spot into the season for the mid season draft.

Apparently the Baldwin injury is not as bad as first thought and they didn’t want to rule him out for the year, which is what signing Sofronidis would probably do.

Apparently the Baldwin injury is not as bad as first thought and they didn’t want to rule him out for the year, which is what signing Sofronidis would probably do.
What about old mate who did his ACL?

Waterman played in a game vs Carlton and kicked 4 from memory at Ikon park, must of been one of the last years of a later deadline for SSP.

What about old mate who did his ACL?

Happy to be corrected but Hunter is the empty list spot, Baldwin is still active despite being injured.

We can still fill that list spot mid season

Happy to be corrected but Hunter is the empty list spot, Baldwin is still active despite being injured.

We can still fill that list spot mid season
Right, I misread your post mate.

Do you know the exact rule on this one? If we assign him to the LTI list, does that rule him out for the whole year? Or is it 10 or 12 weeks or something similar?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know the exact rule on this one? If we assign him to the LTI list, does that rule him out for the whole year? Or is it 10 or 12 weeks or something similar?

I think if you put him on the LTI then sign someone, in order to take him off the LTI you need to find another list spot somewhere, meaning adding someone else as an LTI - or a midseason retirement.

I assume they must be working on the expectation that he can be back before the end of the season and aren't just assuming we'll get an LTI before the MSD.

I think if you put him on the LTI then sign someone, in order to take him off the LTI you need to find another list spot somewhere, meaning adding someone else as an LTI - or a midseason retirement.

I assume they must be working on the expectation that he can be back before the end of the season and aren't just assuming we'll get an LTI before the MSD.

That makes sense. I have perhaps overestimated how many LTI's clubs have. I would have guess (without any research whatsoever) by the MSD every team would have at least a couple. I'd guess Sofronidis could well be available to us at that time anyway.

That makes sense. I have perhaps overestimated how many LTI's clubs have. I would have guess (without any research whatsoever) by the MSD every team would have at least a couple. I'd guess Sofronidis could well be available to us at that time anyway.

I think you can make any injury an LTI if you're willing to forego the player being available for the rest of the season.

'Sorry Dys, that tongue you burnt on your microwave steak is going to keep you out for the rest of the year.'

I think Fejo Jr was the favourite to be taken over Martin (at least on BF). Martin played the second half of our praccy and kicked a few goals. Then kicked 4 against Carlton and we chose him.

Fejo doesn’t seem to be in the conversation for an AFL list spot now.

I think Fejo Jr was the favourite to be taken over Martin (at least on BF). Martin played the second half of our praccy and kicked a few goals. Then kicked 4 against Carlton and we chose him.

Fejo doesn’t seem to be in the conversation for an AFL list spot now.
Think you’re getting mixed up with waterman

Scott on role changes. Sounds like the new roles in preseason have been to make players more flexible, so maybe Martin won't be starting at half back...

Scott on role changes. Sounds like the new roles in preseason have been to make players more flexible, so maybe Martin won't be starting at half back...

Was kind of hoping that would be more of a sign things would maybe change rather than just adding flexibility

Remove this Banner Ad

Back