Training 2024 Preseason Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL there has been a lot of negative talk about yesterday but I thought a lot of the boys actually hit their primary KPI of appearing muscular at the start of the season
I'm probably speaking from a position of ignorance, but I get the impression that there are still players for whom Scott's "AFL lifestyle" comment doesn't matter much.

I'm probably speaking from a position of ignorance, but I get the impression that there are still players for whom Scott's "AFL lifestyle" comment doesn't matter much.
I think the Essendon problem is that players hear what he says and then think "ok, loud and clear, I get it... I need to LOOK like I'm living an AFL lifestyle".

As opposed to actually living it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had his chances but either got dropped or got injured. Didn’t have the work rate to be a forward. Kicked 36 in 46 games as a forward, just not good enough to consistently beat a defender.
In fairness he was injured at least twice a season then as well. His overall form was all over the place until he beat the injury issues.

Apparently Laverde trained as a forward today, at least he competes, does he offer more than Jones and Weideman?

I was hoping we'd have a look at this.

It's adds a different dynamic forward. More combative and physical in the air than anyone who is currently playing. Doesn't help for stand and deliver but that is what Wright and the second ruck are for.

He's played 64 games in the last 3 seasons where he had played 46 games in the 6 seasons prior due to constant physical breakdown.

He's not the same player he was the last time he was forward. I'm not sure we can do without Laverde to play on the quicker leading forwards in defence but it's a bit '6 or 1, half a dozen of the other'.

I was hoping we'd have a look at this.

It's adds a different dynamic forward. More combative and physical in the air than anyone who is currently playing. Doesn't help for stand and deliver but that is what Wright and the second ruck are for.

He's played 64 games in the last 3 seasons where he had played 46 games in the 6 seasons prior due to constant physical breakdown.

He's not the same player he was the last time he was forward. I'm not sure we can do without Laverde to play on the quicker leading forwards in defence but it's a bit '6 or 1, half a dozen of the other'.
Definitely worth a try. At least he is strong in the contest. Jones is not best 22 and offering nothing atm.

Plus, with a bolstered backline might be a master stroke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back