Teams 2024 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I don't love it either, but some of the scores have forced my hand it feels. Salem to Clark is a likely first change. Don't love the Heeney pick either but I feel the score makes him just about required.

Any suggestions? Flanders is the only one I'm married to.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sounds like your chasing points vs maximising your early bye round scores

Close to final draft. Main thing I'm looking at now is downgrading Naismith and maybe Zerrett to swap one of the rookies in my backline for Gibcus, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with this. The balance feels right compared to some of my previous efforts.

Have also considered downgrading Heeney to Fisher and one of the mids to Bont, but I think the point difference will be negligible, and I'd rather get a couple of looks at Fisher first. I predicted Heeney would have a big start to the season prior to opening round and his performance sold me on him.

Screenshot_20240313_120354_Chrome.jpg

What preference do people have for cash in the bank?
Where do you find yourself most comfortable for the start of the year right now?

I've never prioritised it personally.

Usually there's a glaring corrective trade that pops up that allows for a cash injection.

My current side only has $6k leftover. However as an example, if Jarryd Lyons needs to become McKercher I'll be banking some $$$.

The 40 trades means you can probably use this approach without much stress.

I've never prioritised it personally.

Usually there's a glaring corrective trade that pops up that allows for a cash injection.

My current side only has $6k leftover. However as an example, if Jarryd Lyons needs to become McKercher I'll be banking some $$$.

The 40 trades means you can probably use this approach without much stress.

Yeah fair enough. I had a team that had about 50k left which felt like a nice buffer but part of me thought I could be better using that money.
Then my current team I quite like, but it's left me with $900... which feels very risky lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah fair enough. I had a team that had about 50k left which felt like a nice buffer but part of me thought I could be better using that money.
Then my current team I quite like, but it's left me with $900... which feels very risky lol.

It does look frightening having such a low amount to play with, however if you have some of the higher priced rookies and one poos the bed early then there'll be a cheaper one to correct to and bank more.

Go with what you feel though. If it's playing on your mind too much then maybe change something to start with at least $25k.

Last edited:
It does look frightening having such a low amount to play with, however if you have some of the higher priced rookies and one poos the bed early then there'll be a cheaper one to correct too and bank more.

Go with what you feel though. If it's playing on your mind too much then maybe change something to start with at least $25k.
This :handpointup:

Out of all the high 200k rookies its almost guaranteed one of them will need to be culled either via poor performance or there is another rookie which has gone bananas (think Chandler last year)

It sort of depends where you see risks in ur team. If you had say Phillips in defence you'd want at least 25K for a get out of jail card imo. But broadly happy to spend the lot and generally never keep more than 50K ish

Sorry I don't get what you mean?

You have 14 Round 0 players, 5 of which are premo types that will have a bye over the next 6 weeks that's all.

I just think it's a lot but it seems to be what most of the cool kids are running with at the moment. So if you are fine with it, that's cool

After my failure last year I've given it another go.

View attachment 1926572
At least your consistent

Confused Little Girl GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back