Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

Luke Parker to play VFL this week. Any news on Williams or Pitto ?

I’d rather Moir in before recalling fantasia.
Could not be possibly worse & would give him some experience, he may be out of his depth,
but who knows, he may just show why we picked him.
If you’ve watched the vfl this year I don’t know how you could have this take.

Moir does 1 or 2 nice things and is then invisible.

Fantasia for all his struggles at afl level this year had 22 and looked very sharp in the vfl last week.

Moir is averaging 8 touches and 0.3 goals a game in his last 3.

He’s one for the future for sure but Fantasia is miles ahead right now

If you’ve watched the vfl this year I don’t know how you could have this take.

Moir does 1 or 2 nice things and is then invisible.

Fantasia for all his struggles at afl level this year had 22 and looked very sharp in the vfl last week.

Moir is averaging 8 touches and 0.3 goals a game in his last 3.

He’s one for the future for sure but Fantasia is miles ahead right now
Good news re Fantasia

Hopefully if confidence was the issue, he has built some of that back now and can translate to AFL, should he be given a recall

I did mention in the Sydney Match preview that i thought we would have a close game and i'd be surprised if there was more than a goal in it at the end.

With Pitto, Martin, Cerra and Cotterill all potentially out (i think Pitto might be a a chance but the others definitely out) is a setback. While we still can win I see us as underdogs for Friday night. We really need a great game from both Harry and Charlie :)think: i guess you could say that every game) and the mid-field to take control of the game.

Hoping the underdogs play out of their skins, Blues by 4 points :thumbsu:

I did mention in the Sydney Match preview that i thought we would have a close game and i'd be surprised if there was more than a goal in it at the end.

With Pitto, Martin, Cerra and Cotterill all potentially out (i think Pitto might be a a chance but the others definitely out) is a setback. While we still can win I see us as underdogs for Friday night. We really need a great game from both Harry and Charlie :)think: i guess you could say that every game) and the mid-field to take control of the game.

Hoping the underdogs play out of their skins, Blues by 4 points :thumbsu:

What I think gives us a strong chance is the size and dimensions of the SCG. Hopefully our contested style game can create repeat stoppages where we theoretically have the advantage if our midfield is on song. If we can create a slog like this where we can out muscle them and shut down their outside run, we have a big sniff. Our small forwards need to really amp up their defensive pressure and get good positioning at the ball drop. Our long dump kick forward from stoppage may actually work out here.

You know what - we can still win.

Swans absolutely due for a loss - pressure off us and all onto them.

History making victory !!
Of course we can still win. Once you take the emotion out of it, the situation is not really that much different to the GWS game where we didn’t have Cerra and Martin either. No Cotts is a blow but also no Lewis Young. I genuinely think we’ll win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Orazio is playing is there a chance he rotates in the middle with Cripps? Or Kennedy?

Start Raz on ball, Kennedy deep forward, roll Raz forward and hope he’s lost in the fray and Kennedy becomes the mid. Cripps then swaps with Raz when Cripps rests forward?

Only raising this as he played on-ball in the VFL, at least in some capacity. Did ok too.

So you're telling me theres a chance?
I got some mail over the weekend that was brushed over on here that Pitto was more likely than not to play, and it would rely on how well he was recovering that would decide whether he’d play or not. Just hope he’s feeling okay

Of course we can still win. Once you take the emotion out of it, the situation is not really that much different to the GWS game where we didn’t have Cerra and Martin either. No Cotts is a blow but also no Lewis Young. I genuinely think we’ll win.

Another difference as well is the venue, we have to travel to sydney this time. Still think we can win but it's something like 75:25 in the swans favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back