Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

He averages 8 touches a game and 0.3 goals a game and does not run or chase or tackle.

ANY kid in the 2s that can tackle or chase and apply pressure will be better value than Orazio even if they do not score and it is not like he gives us a goal a game!

Beating what Fantasia has done this year is not hard and i am sick of passengers inside F50 that have no endeavor when we lose possession. Swans are the worst possible team to playing him in as they are lightning quick in transition and run all day.

If you watch the 2s, you'd realise that Moir just isn't ready. He often looks disinterested even...

Binns will gets pushed off the ball like a feather.

Need to face reality, injury list as long as my arm, the cupboard is bare... as much as I wish we didn't have to play Fanta, we really don't have much of a choice.

This isn't basketball.

Stars are nice.. but it's the strength of your bottom 6 players that wins premierships.
You reckon it was Richmond’s bottom 6 who won their 3 flags?
Or maybe Dusty?

Even last week, it’s not even close without Petracca.
But Weitering, Cripps, Walsh, Charlie won us the game

And to think there have been people in this forum who think Jack Martin offers more than what Liam Baker would. Martin's fitness is a joke. I hope we move him on/let him go at season's end

And to think there have been people in this forum who think Jack Martin offers more than what Liam Baker would. Martin's fitness is a joke. I hope we move him on/let him go at season's end
I'm happy to put my hand up and say I'm one of those who thinks Martin offers more.

His injury issues are an absolute pain in the arse and frustrating because he brings so much to the team when on the pitch.

I also think there wouldn't be such an uproar on him if our injury list wasn't the length it is + the amount of injury prone players we carry each year. If we had more fit players I suspect people would be more tolerable of his injuries due to his presence on the field.

Kinda like Jamie Elliot, terrible injury record but most teams would have him on field on game day because of what he brings

I think an assessment of our fitness team is truly needed because having this many injuries every year puts a question on job performance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel free to call me out and what is not true rather than reply with GIFS that just make you look like your a fan boy or related to our newest potato.

Fans are allowed to have criticisms that are justified about our own players.
So you're resorting to calling our players derogatory names because you don't agree with team selection??

Sorry, but that is absolutely piss poor form. Didn't you used to be a mod?

I think i can answer that now!

His game will give us about 7 touches / no pressure acts / maybe 2 tentative arm tackles that fail to wrap up anyone / His direct opponent gaining over 500m for the game and 1 goal if he gets lucky with an open hand ball finding him alone in the goal square!! 🫣😂😉
Orazio to kick 4!

Did you watch the game AB?

Binns got a lot of the pill, but not a lot of impact. Developing well, but he is even less contested than Ollie
So so wrong.

More physically developed than Ollie easily.

Laid 5 tacks last week (equal second). 8 the game before (game high).

Ollie laid 1 last week after a week off.

Good enough team to win. We need big mature bodies to compete with them at the SCG. Binns and Cowan will have their time. Pitto being available is big as it means TDk can rest forward and H doesn’t have to ruck which will stretch them. Also Marchy’s selection gives us some options against all their forward options. IMO Williams should either rotate wing/half forward or be the sub but I suspect they’ll make Carroll the sub. IMO this team gives us the best chance of winning.

We have already picked 8 defenders for the game

Perhaps Fantasia or Durdin will be the sub

Also, forget age, Durdin isn't setting the world on fire either
I know regarding Durdin. To me that's all the more reason to not bring another passenger in. At least Durdin has age on his side. He's also shown a willingness to get back and help out.

The only time I recall fantasia going back, he dragged his freo opponent into their goal square to snag a goal and almost win them the game. Fantasia looks past it. I very much hope I'm wrong and would love to see him kick a bag. Or even contribute in a small but useful way.

The ins aren’t real inspiring…
None earned their spot with form in the VFL…

Martin injured again and what’s Binns have to do to get a game (Dow all over again)

Blues by 1 point
Binns is not a Dow situation. Personally I wouldn't play Binns at all this year in the ones. Let him work on his game out of the spotlight and put some body on. The kid has the build of a tweenager and doesn't need to be rushed into the ones.

So so wrong.

More physically developed than Ollie easily.

Laid 5 tacks last week (equal second). 8 the game before (game high).

Ollie laid 1 last week after a week off.

Yeah he did, at VFL level. Might be slightly bigger, but that means little if you aren't a natural contested player

I mean, Cincotta was averaging 30 touches a game not so long ago at VFL level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back