Half-backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Centreline:David CuninghamPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew CottrellHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jack CarrollOllie HollandsBrodie Kemp

Has anyone else noticed how well Cripps' is kicking this season? Not just his goal kicking but overall I feel like his kicking has been levels better than in the past. I think the first game or 2 he had a few poor ones but since settling into the season his kicking has very good.

Has anyone else noticed how well Cripps' is kicking this season? Not just his goal kicking but overall I feel like his kicking has been levels better than in the past. I think the first game or 2 he had a few poor ones but since settling into the season his kicking has very good.
He's making really good decisions. Even if it's not lace out, he's putting it in the right spots.

Cripps is becoming one of our most reliable shots on goal. Huge improvement from a couple seasons back.

Yep agree with this - delivery i50 to me seems like it has improved. Also think his forward craft has improved out of sight. Feels like he's less in a wrestle and more trying to lead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have two major issues atm in my opinion. Wing and accountability vs mobile forwards. Both wingers are getting destroyed defensively. Their opponents have been best on ground first 3 qtrs multiple weeks now. Defenders like Williams and Newman are getting torched by the mobile forwards. Youngs actually been ok but weitering is without support back there it looks like.

To me those feel like monster issues vs the pies who have their run back a really powerful outside game and a really mobile F50.

Need some troops back....

Do we even need Young or SDurdin this week?

The Pies have a small forward line.

Weitering - Resting Ruck
Kemp - Mihocek
Newman - Elliot

Cowan, Boyd, Cincotta and Williams.
Yes.

Cox has been playing mostly forward - I'm Young's biggest critic, but he is actually a good matchup for Cox who is quite effective whilst running and jumping at the ball (something that Young defends well for his standards).

But we can’t be playing with one wing every week (even if that one wing is the best ******* wing in the afl).
I do like acres. He's a machine. But let's settle on this. His opponents have probably scored Brownlow points this season. Very remote chance Tuohy nabbed 1, Kelly probably got 1, now I don't remember if sharp was Ollie's wing or acres but he was dominating the first 3 quarters too. Adelaide had free reign on both wings and rotated plenty through. Richmond had wingers kick goals too. Like - sure acres has the capability to be a top handful winger in AA contention but he's miles off at the moment.

And we really only lost that due to poor kicking for goal and not getting the rub of the green.

Exactly. We have more than enough talent out there to get the job done.

Call back to last year, they were missing Bobby Hill which let's be honest is a significant out...

But we were missing:

Walsh, Silvagni, Williams, Kennedy, McKay, Boyd and Cerra was BOG when he was subbed off at half time.

Sides are spreading the field more against us.

When we counter attack off a turnover, I get that we want to travel down a tight lane to get the footy into forward 50 quicker, but teams are setting up with the +1 defensively as well

I think we need a better balance/gears to control tempo, it also allows us to setup better behind the ball if we turn it over

We need different tempo gears, more angles and better patience

Not difficult tweaks, but might take time with different calibre of players still returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back