HB:: N.Blakey 22 O.Florent 13 J.Lloyd 44
C: J.McInerney 27 Ch.Warner 1 E.Gulden 21
HF: I.Heeney 5 L.McDonald 6 J.Amartey 36
F: T.Papley 11 H.McLean 2 W.Hayward 9
Foll: B.Grundy 4 J.Jordon 17 J.Rowbottom 8
I/C: B.Campbell 16 M.Roberts 34 H.Cunningham 7 S.Wicks 15 R.Fox 42

Emerg: A.Sheldrick 12 P.Ladhams 19 Co.Warner 37
No real surprises.

Lloyd was named CHB a bunch of times last year.

No surprises. We always play 3 KPDs, 3 KPFs when we can. Was likely down to Roberts vs Sheldrick for a spot. With Melican in, can see Fox being sub (not that I agree).

Personally I'd have just put Fox down back instead of Melican for this week. Sheldrick in, Roberts as sub. But potentially a fitness/recovery decision there.

Campbell to play more as a midfielder rather then a Defender?

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why it's not Roberts and then Campbell playing a bit off half back, I do not know. I get Roberts has been trialled there, but he's the actual mid.

Don't really expect Campbell to play mids. More likely Paps and Heeney get more time there alongside Gulden (splitting time on the wing).

Shocked Fox & Sheldrick aren't in the 22 considering are outs but still backing our team to win!

It looks like we're backing our structure rather than a horse for courses approach.

Imo Campbell will play in our half forward/wing along with Juzzy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloyd was named CHB a bunch of times last year.

No surprises. We always play 3 KPDs, 3 KPFs when we can. Was likely down to Roberts vs Sheldrick for a spot. With Melican in, can see Fox being sub (not that I agree).

Personally I'd have just put Fox down back instead of Melican for this week. Sheldrick in, Roberts as sub. But potentially a fitness/recovery decision there.
Seems to me that Lloyd is always that spare player in defence.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So Melican, Fox and Roberts, ahead of Sheldrick!

Well done all of those players - none of them were especially likely a couple of months back.

Sheldrick's omission I put down to him returning from injury. Unfortunate for him.

I'm preparing for Roberts to play midfield as well as off half-back. He's a natural born midfielder.

Exciting times!

Is somone going to post Melbourne's team?

Someone here put it out that Hayward had concussion protocol to follow. I believed them. More fool me. Not Happy Jan. Wilbur is playing. I am very glad of that because now Bud is gone I think he is potentially a 50 goal player. He sacrificed his game to play 3rd string to Bud. Now he is an equal partner in a very dangerous forward unit.

Was Buddy good for us? Of course he was, in the sense of bums on seats exposure in the Sydney Market & memerships. As far as our overall game was concerned I think we relied on him far too much. As great as he was, he could not singlehandedly get us a premiership. We needed to rely on him less. I think if we targeted him less and diversified our forward entries he would probably have kicked even more goals. I prefer this line up because we do not over rely on any one player.

This is a good line up. Even without 3 experienced mids. It has a lot of flexibility about it. There is a diversity about the line up. No two players are the same type. Blakey plays differently to Florent even through they both run GHD ball out of defence. I think Ollie is June of GHD most undervalued players in the AFL. Him & Rowie.

Bring it on. Can't wait for tomorrow

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I gotta say I have a bit of schadenfreude with Sheldrick being left out. Not at Sheldrick himself, but the outrage from his fanboys. When will people realise he's just an average player?

Someone here put it out that Hayward had concussion protocol to follow. I believed them. More fool me. Not Happy Jan. Wilbur is playing. I am very glad of that because now Bud is gone I think he is potentially a 50 goal player. He sacrificed his game to play 3rd string to Bud. Now he is an equal partner in a very dangerous forward unit.

Was Buddy good for us? Of course he was, in the sense of bums on seats exposure in the Sydney Market & memerships. As far as our overall game was concerned I think we relied on him far too much. As great as he was, he could not singlehandedly get us a premiership. We needed to rely on him less. I think if we targeted him less and diversified our forward entries he would probably have kicked even more goals. I prefer this line up because we do not over rely on any one player.

This is a good line up. Even without 3 experienced mids. It has a lot of flexibility about it. There is a diversity about the line up. No two players are the same type. Blakey plays differently to Florent even through they both run GHD ball out of defence. I think Ollie is June of GHD most undervalued players in the AFL. Him & Rowie.

Bring it on. Can't wait for tomorrow

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah that was me re Wilbur. Had heard reports he took a knock hence was subbed. TBH I’m really glad he’s in, he’s tough at the contest and we need that given the mids that we are missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back