Preview 2024 Round 10 Sydney v Carlton (SCG) Friday 17th May 7.40pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you being sarcastic Kingy? No way should Wicks get dropped… he exemplifies why we are on top of the ladder.

I asked a question

Think I have been unpopular in my clear view the side is settled .

Except Tmac back if possible.

I did say Papley was poor but wouldn't drop him (unless he actually has an ankle issue etc then rest). Wicks brings pace and aggression. I wouldn't make the case but can see the argument that Parker could take the Wicks spot and rotate with Adams etc

Tbh, I can't believe how low the percentages are for this time of year! I would have thought their would have been a few more in the 128 - 136 bracket. Only GWS & Geelong in the 125-126 range, with Carlton being 109%.

While Carlton are a good team, I think we'll beat them, and l'd be surprised if it's not by 26+ as they don't seem to run out games very strongly. I haven't thought they were all that fast, and while their defence is solid, I still think we'll poke holes in it.

Should be a good test!

How does a bloke on our bottom 4 or 5 rated every week exemplify our position?
Because of his pressure, speed and toughness … this is what our 2024 game is based on and we’re 8-1. He has good footy smarts too (eg. his lead up work for the Hayward goal).
Reckon we missed him in the loss to the Tigers and we’ve hardly missed a beat since his return.

PS. Our “bottom 4 or 5” are all excellent role players… every premiership team needs a number of good role players.

I asked a question

Think I have been unpopular in my clear view the side is settled .

Except Tmac back if possible.

I did say Papley was poor but wouldn't drop him (unless he actually has an ankle issue etc then rest). Wicks brings pace and aggression. I wouldn't make the case but can see the argument that Parker could take the Wicks spot and rotate with Adams etc
That’s the beauty of these threads, we are all entitled to our opinions 👍
I think the only way Parker gets back in atm is if Adams gets injured (or drops off in form). I used to think perhaps for JJ as well, but JJ has shown us what he can do with that defensive forward role which Parks can’t do.

Because of his pressure, speed and toughness … this is what our 2024 game is based on and we’re 8-1. He has good footy smarts too (eg. his lead up work for the Hayward goal).
Reckon we missed him in the loss to the Tigers and we’ve hardly missed a beat since his return.

PS. Our “bottom 4 or 5” are all excellent role players… every premiership team needs a number of good role players.
You and others keep saying pressure but the fact is that other than the Hawks game, he's been near the bottom of our list for pressure every week.

Quick =/= pressure

He's improved from last year but imo Wicks doesn't offer close to what Parker does at the moment.

You and others keep saying pressure but the fact is that other than the Hawks game, he's been near the bottom of our list for pressure every week.

Quick =/= pressure

He's improved from last year but imo Wicks doesn't offer close to what Parker does at the moment.

Would be very unfair on Roberts as he has done nothing wrong. He has been super consistent this year too.
True. It’s just that getting Mills fit for finals will be the priority. Have noticed Matty getting a bit gassed last 2 games, not surprising as a long season on a young body.

Have a lie down and a valium, don't be a muppet you are better than that .

Pathetic post .

Parker isn't best 22 right now, that's just fact hence he is struggling in the twos as we speak, nothing to do with writing his eulogy.
Struggling in the 2’s as we speak? How did he go his first 2 back ? You keep hiding behind best 22 and who goes out ? How did Adams go last night ? How has he gone overall in his outings so far ? Average at ****ing best so if you want your answer of who goes out to give a champion of the club the opportunity to prove he is indeed cooked, he does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannot believe the weak as piss posts on this Board with the daunting task of facing Carlton 🙄 Who the **** have they beat ?
Oh that’s right the juggernaut that is Melbourne ! Respect every opposition but fear them ? Carlton ? Please !

l
Struggling in the 2’s as we speak? How did he go his first 2 back ? You keep hiding behind best 22 and who goes out ? How did Adams go last night ? How has he gone overall in his outings so far ? Average at ****ing best so if you want your answer of who goes out to give a champion of the club the opportunity to prove he is indeed cooked, he does.

Fine at least you named a player to go out.

I disagree and that's fine

I apologise for my part in the other s**t i'd rather we just agree to disagree as I enjoy your take even when we don't agree.

Not denying parker is a champion, heck i'd like him to get to 300 games would be awesome . But he did struggle today and looked slow so I can't see Adams who has been going for him.

If it happens though great , not something i'd be upset by either way. We pick the best side to win if he is in it great , if it's on current form and again imo Campbell and Cleary were both better today for a start and Adams has been good. Do you pick a guy who has been great in the past if he looks slow ? maybe you do, maybe you don't , glad it's not my call quite frankly .

Nobody is underestimating anybody. I’m just not shitting myself like plenty here are. Our best this year has comfortably been better than theirs. Not over confident but confident all the same. Why wouldn’t we be with, being 8-1 and the quality of footy this side is currently playing. Not to mention the form line through the fixture.

Carlton is the team I fear most as they are the AFL narrative for 2024. We know all too well what happens when HQ issues a directive. With umps at the ready, a massive Melbourne crowd, and the twin towers to contend with, they will be a handful. Yes their midfield is slow and our kicking game is elite, it’s just I’ve seen them lift and storm to victory.

Re Friday night, if we bring our pressure game we will win easily.

You need to read this to fix the glitch

Ah but what if I have a soft spot for Sydney and want to stay? 🤣

Carlton is the team I fear most as they are the AFL narrative for 2024. We know all too well what happens when HQ issues a directive. With umps at the ready, a massive Melbourne crowd, and the twin towers to contend with, they will be a handful. Yes their midfield is slow and our kicking game is elite, it’s just I’ve seen them lift and storm to victory.

Re Friday night, if we bring our pressure game we will win easily.
Your first sentence in this post is what I would fear regarding them. That’s the only thing. Oh ! And the fact it is clear it’s not our turn to be the AFL preferred option. Quite clear the directive to umpires regarding the 15 mtr kick last night and that could only be the start of it if we continue to be the dominant team in the competition.

Well done to him then but just running up and down is the easy part having an impact on the game is a different thing..Tbh I don’t think he is going that bad but if we are going that well and we need to find a spot for Parker it’s his.Anyway done with the discussion on Parker as I don’t want it to get to the BS levels of the Franklin discussions last year. Some people just idolise players and despise others. For whatever reasons. That is why I wont comment on McDonald anymore because I don’t want it to sound like it’s personal. I explained to another poster who accused me of having a set against him why I go on about him and his lack of physicality in the contest last night hasn’t changed my mind. Mind you that is through my eyes but one thing I will not do is can a club champion and claim he is finished without at least giving the bloke a chance to prove that correct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back