Trades 2024 Round 9 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF
😂

Im Serious GIF by TV Land

Ok guys this is one of the first weeks in which I am really torn and need some assistance.

Option One:
Roberts > Butters
Williams > Jones

View attachment 1983157

Option 2:
Roberts > Zorko
Williams > Jones
Howes > McKerch

View attachment 1983159

Option 1 leaves me with 2 boosts whilst Option 2 leaves me with 1. Not much cash left over in either scenario, however the plan for both is to make Clohesy into Stewart next week and another player into a rookie, but unsure which player will make way yet
Option 1.

Pros:
Howes still has a bit more money to make and your bench/cash gen is healthy
Gives you a DEF loop this week (Howes -> Clohesy/Graham)
Not much value at Zorko's price and a risk given injury history
Avoids having 8 players out in Round 12 (Sheezel, Whitfield, Kerch, Green, Heeney, Zorko, Jones)
Having boosts up your sleeve will protect your upgrade cadence if we get hit with more carnage (many ppl only have 0-1 left)

Cons:
Zorko has a decent run coming up and a proven ceiling (Crows, Tiges, Hawks, Dogs, Saints)
Kerch is a better rookie to field than Howes/Graham/Clohesy

Wouldn't mind option 2 if you switched Moore for Zorko. He has averaged....more over the last 3 weeks and is $~40k cheaper -> doesn't destroy your bank as much.

Is Yeo a hold for anyone?

I'm super keen to keep upgrading and not keep doing sideways trades.

Had planned to turn Massimo into Stewart and Roberts into a premo to finish my mids (with a Campbell to Jones downgrade).

But have copped the Libba, Yeo and Green injuries. Libba is a must trade (out indefinately) and Green is a hold but can Yeo be kept?

Option 1.

Pros:
Avoids having 8 players out in Round 12 (Sheezel, Whitfield, Kerch, Green, Heeney, Zorko, Jones)
Having boosts up your sleeve will protect your upgrade cadence if we get hit with more carnage (many ppl only have 0-1 left)

Cons:
Zorko has a decent run coming up and a proven ceiling (Crows, Tiges, Hawks, Dogs, Saints)

Wouldn't mind option 2 if you switched Moore for Zorko. He has averaged....more over the last 3 weeks and is $~40k cheaper -> doesn't destroy your bank as much.

Re Howes .

Bowey back .
Salem close to return .

Getting close to gone

Option 1.

Pros:

Cons:

Thanks for the response mate, yeah I think I am going to go with option 1. Anyway in Option 2 I prefer Zorko over Moore as that 50 in zorko's scoring was due to a role change. Both are probably top 6forwards tho.

Only problem with option 1 is just the fact that I have to field a Graham/Howes (looped) each week, as I will make Clohesy into Stewart next week.

Williams > Jackson

Yeo > Merrett

Can't think of anything better with Sweet and Green missing this week. :'(

Roughied Jackson back in instead of getting English as it leaves me with $200k in the kitty still to help me get Oliver or a premo defender next week.

Feel like this is the best I can come up with.

Not happy with my backline at all. Was going to get Martin in but Sweet has f@rked all that up!! :(

View attachment 1983273

Sucks to have no RUC cover, but that's the risk we take in SC (fortunately I have Sweet R3 with Gawndy).

Could you look at holding Yeo though?
Maybe Cadman > Young and ZWilliams > Jackson/English?
Loop Young with Comben via Livingstone

I know you want Zerrett, but he's not gonna get much more expensive.
Green may also play this weekend, so you're not forced to play Handy Garcia.

Zwill may even play this weekend, but he's gotta be traded at some point for sure.

Reason I suggest to hold Yeo is you have 19 trades left and still 8 or 9 slots left to upgrade to get to full premo :eekv1:
But if anyone can do, I'm sure you can!

Dat FWDline tho
stink-stinky.gif

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Yeo a hold for anyone?

I'm super keen to keep upgrading and not keep doing sideways trades.

Had planned to turn Massimo into Stewart and Roberts into a premo to finish my mids (with a Campbell to Jones downgrade).

But have copped the Libba, Yeo and Green injuries. Libba is a must trade (out indefinately) and Green is a hold but can Yeo be kept?

I'm keeping Yeo. I'm happy to play Graham for a week or two.
Then when he's back, you'll feel good getting a premo back in without wasting a sideways trade.

I think three+ weeks you would trade, but I'd hold even for two. Just IMO but others would trade in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Sucks to have no RUC cover, but that's the risk we take in SC (fortunately I have Sweet R3 with Gawndy).

Could you look at holding Yeo though?
Maybe Cadman > Young and ZWilliams > Jackson/English?
Loop Young with Comben via Livingstone

I know you want Zerrett, but he's not gonna get much more expensive.
Yeo may even play this weekend.
Green may also play this weekend.
You only need one of Green or Yeo to play so you're not forced to play Handy Garcia.

Zwill may even play this weekend, but he's gotta be traded at some point for sure.

Reason I suggest to hold Yeo is you have 19 trades left and still 8 or 9 slots left to upgrade to get to full premo :eekv1:
But if anyone can do, I'm sure you can!

Dat FWDline tho
stink-stinky.gif

Yeos already confirmed to be out for 1-2 weeks.

I'm doing Williams > Jackson but might keep Williams if he plays and trade Comben > Jackson instead.

From what I am hearing Green won't play and neither will Sweet. :(

I have $200k in the kitty though which can help me get a premo next week .ie. Comben > Oliver.

Yeah backline and forward line are pretty depressing, I want to puke looking at them. :sick:

Was going to trade Yeo for Martin but Sweet stuffed those plans up the weak kent.

Last edited:
Williams > Jackson

Yeo > Merrett

Can't think of anything better with Sweet and Green missing this week. :'(

Roughied Jackson back in instead of getting English as it leaves me with $200k in the kitty still to help me get Oliver or a premo defender next week.

Feel like this is the best I can come up with.

Not happy with my backline at all. Was going to get Martin in but Sweet has f@rked all that up!! :(

View attachment 1983273

I'd get Oliver instead of Zerrett and then double upgrade next week.

Roberts to Stewart
300k rookie to the best you can afford

Feel like you got too many rookies on field and your trades are dropping quickly.

Or look to hold Yeo. You might never have a finished side mate.

I'm keeping Yeo. I'm happy to play Graham for a week or two.
Then when he's back, you'll feel good getting a premo back in without wasting a sideways trade.

I think three+ weeks you would trade, but I'd hold even for two. Just IMO but others would trade in a heartbeat.

Yeo probably misses more than 1-2 though and will probably get injured again.

I'd get Oliver instead of Zerrett and then double upgrade next week.

Roberts to Stewart
300k rookie to the best you can afford

Feel like you got too many rookies on field and your trades are dropping quickly.

Or look to hold Yeo. You might never have a finished side mate.

I was going to get Oliver next week but Yeo and Sweet have thrown everything into chaos now mate. :(

With Sweet out, not sold on Jacko for cover and don't think I can double downgrade to Conway + Jones. Will bite the bullet on Timmy this week against Richmond where I'm expecting 130+ and surprisingly only 15% owned.

Roberts + Comben/Darcy > English + Jones

Will use Clohesy as cover for Green which isn't the worst.

Now to decide if I keep Comben or Darcy ..

With Sweet out, not sold on Jacko for cover and don't think I can double downgrade to Conway + Jones. Will bite the bullet on Timmy this week against Richmond where I'm expecting 130+ and surprisingly only 15% owned.

Roberts + Comben/Darcy > English + Jones

Will use Clohesy as cover for Green which isn't the worst.

Now to decide if I keep Comben or Darcy ..
Keep Darcy I would have thought?

Lower BE, playing Richmond, has shown better scoring potential generally with the exception of one jack-in-the-box game from Comben.
If the one you're keeping is on field this week I would definitely keep Darcy > Comben

I was going to get Oliver next week but Yeo and Sweet have thrown everything into chaos now mate. :(
Yeah it's a tough one.

Unless you plan on holding Roberts and/or Wilson as keepers, you need 7 upgrades to go. With 19 trades and no boosts it's going to be touch.

I reckon you either hold Yeo, or choose a cheaper premo to trade him to instead of Zerrett. Oliver instead of Zerrett gives you an extra $150k, that's basically a decent downgrade for free.

I haven't done the maths properly, but it's something like this:
Zerrett + Oliver + rookie
Vs
Oliver + Stewart + Sinclair/Young/etc

Yeah it's a tough one.

Unless you plan on holding Roberts and/or Wilson as keepers, you need 7 upgrades to go. With 19 trades and no boosts it's going to be touch.

I reckon you either hold Yeo, or choose a cheaper premo to trade him to instead of Zerrett. Oliver instead of Zerrett gives you an extra $150k, that's basically a decent downgrade for free.

I haven't done the maths properly, but it's something like this:
Zerrett + Oliver + rookie
Vs
Oliver + Stewart + Sinclair/Young/etc

My plan was to get all the must have premos in and then look for value with the remaining positions.

Feel like Merrett, Martin, Houston, English are the must haves that I need and can look for value for the remaining spots.

Holding Yeo.
Olliepig is worth the risk. My rank is shithouse this year, so it's easy to get on the piggy train.
Jones in for Darcy to keep to $$$ flowing and mooing.

Have already done:

1715171472676.png

Have plenty of coin remaining to upgrade ZWilliams.
OPTIONS:
DEF
1 - Hold the boost (last one)
2 - Up to $530k'ish (Whitfield, Sinclair)
3 - Pay a bit more (N.Martin, Houston)
4 - Pay a lot more (L.Ryan)

FWD
5 - Considering Powell > Flanders/Moore up FWD as well, may do just that if ZWilliams plays.

HOLD THE BOOST
6 - Don't use the boost. Either stand pat, or reverse the Sam Darcy trade, and move ZWilliams to a $530k'ish player.

1715171420209.png

My plan was to get all the must have premos in and then look for value with the remaining positions.

Feel like Merrett, Martin, Houston, English are the must haves that I need and can look for value for the remaining spots.
Each to their own, that's why we love this game. I just can't see you ever finishing your side by taking so many $600k plus players. Hope I'm wrong for ya! We still have 16 rounds to go!

Yeos already confirmed to be out for 1-2 weeks.

I'm doing Williams > Jackson but might keep Williams if he plays and trade Comben > Jackson instead.

From what I am hearing Green won't play and neither will Sweet. :(

I have $200k in the kitty though which can help me get a premo next week .ie. Comben > Oliver.

Yeah backline and forward line are pretty depresisng, I want to puke looking at them. :sick:

Was going to trade Yeo for Martin but Sweet stuffed those plans up the weak kent.

Yeah I ninja edited too late for you to quote me re: Yeo

Comben/ZWilliams to Jackson is a good trade. Hodor may even miss this week.
I think you should hold Yeo though.
Even if Green misses one, you'll only have to play Handy Garcia for a week (unless carnage strikes and he gets dropped!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back