List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mcluggage and LDU on the top of our whiteboard according to McClure
Sweet lord either of those would be fantastic. Suitcase has such class, but my oh my, imagine LDU's explosive ball-winning ability. EXACTLY what we need.

Believe he's averaging 30 disposals, 8 or 9 clearances, and 5 tackles a game already this year (albeit very small sample size). Was operating at near Clayton Oliver levels statistically across last year as well.

Also only 24 years old, perfect age.

Throw kitchen sink and other things of note at him.

Mcluggage and LDU on the top of our whiteboard according to McClure

Either would be outstanding McLuggage 26yo and LDU 24yo. According to Stavro/SOS we have plenty of salary cap, so perhaps they are our in our plans. Hopefully they have enough to grab another ruckman at some stage also.

McLuggage as a free agent would be the biggest target surely.

I don't see it happening but if we can promise him an onball position and keep him off the wing / half forward lines he might be tempted.

Can't see him wanting to leave a contender though so hopefully we can show some form and make him think we're closer to a flag.

Either would be outstanding McLuggage 26yo and LDU 24yo. According to Stavro/SOS we have plenty of salary cap, so perhaps they are our in our plans. Hopefully they have enough to grab another ruckman at some stage also.
Most clubs expected the cap rise due to the tv deal so built in % increases to existing deals.

We apparently had very little of these deals. Players played for the $$$ they signed for.

Our issues were that we gave big deals up directly in 2019. So had to manage the cap situation

Sweet lord either of those would be fantastic. Suitcase has such class, but my oh my, imagine LDU's explosive ball-winning ability. EXACTLY what we need.

Believe he's averaging 30 disposals, 8 or 9 clearances, and 5 tackles a game already this year (albeit very small sample size). Was operating at near Clayton Oliver levels statistically across last year as well.

Also only 24 years old, perfect age.

Throw kitchen sink and other things of note at him.
We can trade LDU for hunter Clark. I’m sure north would be happy with that

Can't see how we'd have the capacity to play money games against Norff so we'd have to trade and it would be enormous.
The point of McClure's argument was that we are apparently telling player managers and clubs that we have the biggest war chest any club has ever had (hard to believe but also possible) so will go hard in FA whilst also keeping our top draft picks.

Money won't be an issue, this is a case of loyalty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

14 minutes in to todays “tradies” podcast.

Summary

McClure - story I’ve been working on for a while is that the saints have been telling clubs that they have a war chest. Potentially the biggest war chest ever seen.

They are targeting 2 players this year

Current big deals based on McClures research for the story he is working on

King on <900k per year.
Marshall <900k per year
Hill >900k this year as its back ended. Will re-sign on significantly less. Roughly half

Howard OOC this year is on a good deal as we paid overs to bring in.

Top 2 names confirmed by multiple sources for McClure. But will be incredibly hard to get these deals. He thinks we will offer huge deals to players like this and force clubs to eat their cap spaces to sign them.

LDU
McCluggage

Thinks LDU won’t do anything until mid next year as he wants to see the lay of the land. He is however very very loyal.

Thinks we may also ask the question again to Florent this year.

Cleary linking us to Holmes this year

I dont have much of opinion of him as a player but Florrent makes a lot of sense just looking at external factors

• Free Agent so wouldnt impact our publicly stated intent of drafting again this year
  • Local lad which we were reportedly targeting last year
  • Just brought in someone from Sydney's list management team

I dont have much of opinion of him as a player but Florrent makes a lot of sense just looking at external factors

• Free Agent so wouldnt impact our publicly stated intent of drafting again this year
  • Local lad which we were reportedly targeting last year
  • Just brought in someone from Sydney's list management team
Doesn’t fix our midfield issue though.

Not a bad player.

That always seems to be our issue. Not many potential star mids are gettable.
There is a name I was told. But it’s way too early to think it could happen and it would require a first round pick as they are contracted.

We won’t trade this years and who knows if they would take nexts. But if this club keeps sinking. It’s one I’ll be keeping an eye on.

There is a name I was told. But it’s way too early to think it could happen and it would require a first round pick as they are contracted.

We won’t trade this years and who knows if they would take nexts. But if this club keeps sinking. It’s one I’ll be keeping an eye on.
We're finally getting Petracca?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back