Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldy was sent off for scans with the club confifent he will be fine to take on the bulldogs. But if he isn't what structure do people prefer? Wood in and rotate brown and drew through the ruck? An undercooked currie or more big news with a beast debut?

Not sure of the best way to go but if Goldy is out, we are in all sorts of trouble! You would think Currie comes in and Brown/ Petrie give him a chop out.

It's laughable Currie is our next best option.

Given Maj is toast for the year Currie's all we have left, other than The Beast. Hopefully Goldy's fine. Not good timing with the business end of the year almost upon us though.

I'm sure Currie would be our backup ruckman... but hypothetically, could Wallace play AFL football and not get smashed?

I'm sure Currie would be our backup ruckman... but hypothetically, could Wallace play AFL football and not get smashed?

Can't see him having the aerobic capacity to play out the whole game. Minson is a tough opponent in your first game too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately no! While he's playing well at VFL level he hasn't got the ability to work out where he should be positioned during play. On 1 occasion on the weekend the interchange players were yelling at him to run to the backline to fill the hole between full back and CHB . He was like a deer standing into oncoming headlights. He'll get better but unless something drastic happens like if we dont have Gold, Petrie, Brown and/or Currie available then he'll remain where he is.........

Lol that people who get annoyed at Goldy not getting more possessions want to bring Wallace in.

Realistically Currie looked ok as a number 1 ruckman, he's just a s**t forward so he is the obvious replacement if we need to rest the Goldman

It's laughable Currie is our next best option.
Not really.

He is a much better ruck than a forward ruck and I'm fairly confident that he would be at least serviceable if called into action as first ruck at AFL level.

Did you see him play? As I have said before, I literally watched him run in circles during a game. Not moving to get into a better place, not trying to wear down his opponent, just completely lost out there.

Did you see him play? As I have said before, I literally watched him run in circles during a game. Not moving to get into a better place, not trying to wear down his opponent, just completely lost out there.
As a ruck or as a forward?

He was in the centre of the ground. Not our deepest player he was closer to the backline than our forward line
As the quasi-CHF with the ball in and around our defensive 50?

If Currie plays just have to hope he competes well. Up to our midfield to win the battle and get on top. I am a little concerned about this game, but that is nothing new!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back