Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

As the quasi-CHF with the ball in and around our defensive 50?
Dunno honestly. He was loitering in the center square literally running in circles. Could have drawn a 2x2m box around him and he wouldn't have left. We'd be better off playing another mid fielder and going in without a ruck. He is useless.

Dunno honestly. He was loitering in the center square literally running in circles. Could have drawn a 2x2m box around him and he wouldn't have left. We'd be better off playing another mid fielder and going in without a ruck. He is useless.
My recollection of his AFL games is that he spent the vast majority of game time up forward and not rucking, which is by far hos strength. I am sure he would be capable of doing a job if needed to replace Goldy.

Goldy going down for any length of time would be a disaster, he's close to - if not the - most important player on our list.

Really hoping these are just precautionary scans and everything is fine with his knee.

As far as a replacement(cringe) goes I would've gone with Majak over Currie but now we're left with no choice, Wallace is still miles off but I'm holding out hope for the guy, maybe 2016.

Goldy was sent off for scans with the club confifent he will be fine to take on the bulldogs. But if he isn't what structure do people prefer? Wood in and rotate brown and drew through the ruck? An undercooked currie or more big news with a beast debut?

Brown looks lost in the ruck. Currie would have to come in.

Please.... Please... 0 Risk. Take no chances. If we clear him to play and he goes down with a tear I'll cry manly tears of pain and rage.

Currie has been slammed on here and other threads as being hopeless etc.

But at this stage he hasn't played one AFL game in the position he knows and is best suited for. His performances as the third tall are almost irrelevant.

I am comfortable with him being back-up ruck.

An injury to Goldy would only magnify how fragile our list is. Weve gone from chocolates (Goldy / H / Hale) to the proverbial boiled lollies (Goldy, a backup ruck who has barely played and 2 project ruckmen). Leading into finals lets hope we get the diagnosis right and more importantly the management of it right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to know their reasons back then. Now the benefit of hindsight is a little mean.

It would have been the state of our rucks in 2006.

Hale was drafted in 2001, McIntosh in 2002, and Moran in 2004. All were on the list in 2006 when we drafted Goldstein.

Haha shows the futility of trying to judge draft picks inside a couple of years
Thinking about how much quality on one line we had you think we could have gotten more at the trade table if we were a bit more ruthless. Not being ruthless has given us a lot of list stability and seen us do very well in the age of expansion clubs and free agency though. Swings and roundabouts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back