Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez we need his signature to a long term deal.

So important for the future.

His manager is probably sitting there watching him take KPFs to the cleaners, ringing him after every game going "whatever they offer you, keep ******* backing yourself in. Do not sign anything"

His manager is probably sitting there watching him take KPFs to the cleaners, ringing him after every game going "whatever they offer you, keep ******* backing yourself in. Do not sign anything"
First time I've seen him back in his counter-attacking and offensive side.

Is there a little bit of revisionist history going on here in terms of Shaw’s role in Benny’s uprise? He hasn’t looked back since he came in as a late in against Richmond in 2019, but it’s not like Shaw was picking him before that? Seems more like a stroke of luck in our favour that we had a late injury in a game that Benny was an emergency for. That being said, maybe I am undermining the role Shaw had in his ongoing development over the last 12 months.

Is there a little bit of revisionist history going on here in terms of Shaw’s role in Benny’s uprise? He hasn’t looked back since he came in as a late in against Richmond in 2019, but it’s not like Shaw was picking him before that? Seems more like a stroke of luck in our favour that we had a late injury in a game that Benny was an emergency for. That being said, maybe I am undermining the role Shaw had in his ongoing development over the last 12 months.
Literally had his contract extended 2 years under Brad. He wasnt going to displace Taz, Turbo or Daw when we finished 9th and were a realistic shot at finals. And nor should he have played

Great game again but no surprise now - he did the same to Dixon a few weeks back and started this trend of good defence coupled with 'taking it on' in the hub last year.

BMac is crucial to our structure from herein.

Carlton will be sniffing around so best he be quickly signed up.

Last edited:
It would be naive to think Ben and Harry are not eyeing off the opportunity to play together. With both of them OOC this year, it will be the best chance they get to make it happen and no doubt their Manager/s will be working in the background to see what’s possible. Whether they end up playing together or nott one thing we cannot afford is to lose Ben.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unfortunately has gone unrecognised for how well he has played the last 2 seasons due to the nature of playing in a struggling side that concedes plenty-a-inside 50. That and the fact that he plays for North.

Remember reading some opposition knobhead on Facebook talking about how McKay had 10 kicked on him from Bruce. I guess if you don't watch the games and don't pay attention to who played on him for 75% of the game, that would seem like semi-intelligent statement to make.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sign him up.

We were staring at another 10 goal mauling from Tex.

He adapted so well after the first quarter, and the amount of times he took front possession to cut off a kick - kid has smarts.

He's been thrown into the deep end and he has come up with flying colours. A really vital cog to our future.

Absolutely mind boggling that this guy has only played 18 games. As much as that is a tick for Rhyce, it’s a big cross for Scott.

Starting to see the other elements of his game. His run, his marking. He’s a very important cog in our rebuild.
Key position players take time to develop physically. Scott didn't have the same player to work with as we see today.

Gun.

Each game he plays the commentators seem to be a little surprised that he is doing a good job on a quality key forward, yet he does it every week. Recognition of his talent certainly suffers from playing in our backline.

That was all part of "the rebuild that never was". It seems obvious now that we should've been pumping games into him, but at the time we were trying to make the finals and he had no business in the side.

Correct. Doesn't mean that "trying to make finals" wasn't wrong.

Anyway, I'm very pleased with Buckets' development now and I hope we lock him in now.

Fought back well after Tex had his fortunate start and the thing I was most impressed with was how swiftly Benny was moving. He wasn’t always used but he was sprinting out of defence to offer an option and doing so with speed I didn’t know he had.

Another lock! Time to extend his contract if possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back