Delisted #24: Alex Browne - Now at Northern Blues - Retired from footy - 2/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I might be over exaggerating where he was at but geez he was mighty close to top 22 towards back end of 2012 season

And how many injuries did we have during that period?
A lot but he looked great, good run and dash. Dagleish and Browne off half back and into the midfield is our 2017 version of Hibberd and Dempsey etc

A lot but he looked great, good run and dash. Dagleish and Browne off half back and into the midfield is our 2017 version of Hibberd and Dempsey etc

Maybe if Hibberd and Dempsey plan to retire at 27 and 28 respectively.

If Dal & Browne are still on our list in 2019 and have not broken into side by then, god have mercy on our souls.
Dal Browne Hibberd Dempsey what a great half back wing lineup in next couple of yeara

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wondering when someone was going to get around to making this point.

He kicked two goals against Adelaide once. I've never seen him do anything else that warrants mention.
O'Brien's ball winning ability is pretty good a VFL level. He's shown more than Browne, who's a bit overrated on here.

Just want to take these from the Edwards thread.

Not sure if you guys remember him but over rated is definitely not something you assimilate with Browne.

He may gather 15 possessions at VFL level but they're meaningful and impact the game. NoB gathers 30 and you wonder if he even played (this'll be 40% kicks too).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure if you guys remember him but over rated is definitely not something you assimilate with Browne.

He may gather 15 possessions at VFL level but they're meaningful and impact the game. NoB gathers 30 and you wonder if he even played (this'll be 40% kicks too).

Fair enough. You're a long time VFL watcher and one of the few at that.

Browne has hardly played VFL in the two years I've had an interest in the reserves.

Fair enough. You're a long time VFL watcher and one of the few at that.

Browne has hardly played VFL in the two years I've had an interest in the reserves.

Wasn't a crack at you, just think it's a little unjustified. He is probably the most impressive of the guys in that group (Kav, Nob, Browne even Dalgleish).

Dal is fast catching/upsurping him but he is definitely not over rated.

Browne gets talked up far too much for somewhat limited performances from what I've seen. Would be comfortably bottom 10 on our list IMO.

Browne gets talked up far too much for somewhat limited performances from what I've seen. Would be comfortably bottom 10 on our list IMO.

Those noises have probably come from me and rightly so. He is easily the most impressive of that group when fit. As for bottom 10? That's a cop out for a player whose had limited game time in the past 2 years.

Those noises have probably come from me and rightly so. He is easily the most impressive of that group when fit. As for bottom 10? That's a cop out for a player whose had limited game time in the past 2 years.

No, it's not. He's overrated amongst the rest of them because he kicked 2 goals against Adelaide once. There is no doubt he's talented but in reality there'd need to be 15 or so players injured ahead of him to get a game.

How are you rating him eth?

As a bloke with talent but is unproven. He could be a good player, but also very likely to be delisted at the end of the year.

Let's compare him to the other guys in his position (depth HBF's)
Browne > Ashby (Ashby is a bit better overhead but Browne is a tougher player, a better kick and a much quicker player.
Browne > Gleeson/Fantasia (Gleeso/Fantasia has been quite good but the more physically developed Browne would have had those opportunities last year had injury permitted. On par with pace whilst Gleesons skill set only just outweigh brownies)
Browne > Dalgleish (Dal is quicker and a better user but physicality he is a different player to Browne).

I'm not sure what more you can want without having exposed form

Let's compare him to the other guys in his position (depth HBF's)
Browne > Ashby (Ashby is a bit better overhead but Browne is a tougher player, a better kick and a much quicker player.
Browne > Gleeson/Fantasia (Gleeso/Fantasia has been quite good but the more physically developed Browne would have had those opportunities last year had injury permitted. On par with pace whilst Gleesons skill set only just outweigh brownies)
Browne > Dalgleish (Dal is quicker and a better user but physicality he is a different player to Browne).

I'm not sure what more you can want without having exposed form

Ashby is better overhead and just good a kick as Browne. Gleeson has shown loads more than Browne has. Dalgleish is faster and a better kick then Browne. Fantasia is a forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back