Delisted #24: Alex Browne - Now at Northern Blues - Retired from footy - 2/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully the worst of his injury troubles are behind him now and he can kick on.

Watching the replay paying particular attention to Browne (and a few others).

I wonder if he is ultimately an inside midfielder. He has a bit of dash and the skill to be a factor from half back and wing but I think he looks at his best around the ball. He has the strength to break a tackle and with that burst that clear congestion. He can also use the thing under pressure.

The real point, I suppose, that he is versatile enough for at least three roles which is as good a way as any of getting selected.

A man who appreciates the difficulty of previous tribulations, is a man more likely to sustain success. - BPB 2015

Last edited:
A sensational return to the big league...awesome.

He sort of moves in an unusual way.A bit awkward. I can't really compare him to another player in the league. But he seems effective nonetheless and has kicked a couple of cracking goals in his abrupt career.

He sort of moves in an unusual way.A bit awkward. I can't really compare him to another player in the league. But he seems effective nonetheless and has kicked a couple of cracking goals in his abrupt career.
I think he is very Ryan Griffen like. Has that early burst of pace, takes the game on and is rather tall as a midfielder. Has a nice little side step to his game as well.

I have to say, I am a unabashed fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tries way too hard at times, and is often made to look silly trying to do the simple things. Just needs to simplify his game and play with more composure.

Tries way too hard at times, and is often made to look silly trying to do the simple things. Just needs to simplify his game and play with more composure.
it's almost as if he's played 11 games or something.

today was by far the worst he's played, ever. but i guarantee melksham and ambrose have pulled out worse, but will go unchallenged at the selection table.

it's almost as if he's played 11 games or something.

today was by far the worst he's played, ever. but i guarantee melksham and ambrose have pulled out worse, but will go unchallenged at the selection table.

It's not that though. None of the other kids who have played 20 or less games are doing it.

Completely off the pace today after a promising effort next week - I play him for the next 5 games so the club can make an informed decision.
Can you see the future or is there some poor grammar here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back