Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - signed thru 2026 - 7th highest ranked player league-wide after 3 rds - avg. 27.7d & 7clearances p/g

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone should keep an ongoing folder of this sh*t. When he retires I wager it will stack up against any elite handballer throughout football history

Greg Williams and Barry Cable are the best in the last 50 years. I suspect Powell is of that quality with his use by hand.

This kid is something else

I can't get over how good literally every part of this is. Loses his balance, taps the ball back to buy himself time from the opponent on his right, then somehow spots Simpkin and flicks a left-handed bullet through two other opponents. Then still has the instinct to jump backwards and avoid contact at the end. The speed of thought required is just insane.

I can't get over how good literally every part of this is. Loses his balance, taps the ball back to buy himself time from the opponent on his right, then somehow spots Simpkin and flicks a left-handed bullet through two other opponents. Then still has the instinct to jump backwards and avoid contact at the end. The speed of thought required is just insane.

If that was one of the ordained ‘superstars’ you couldn’t find enough ajax to clean the mess.

And Powell didnt have to break stride from the Phillips pass. Amazing the difference that makes. If Stevo was even slightly held up by the pass he wouldve had to have circled around the Crow's player while players flooded in. Great passage of play that.

It’s what happens , when none of the players were coached by bard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back