Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - signed thru 2026 - 7th highest ranked player league-wide after 3 rds - avg. 27.7d & 7clearances p/g

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not taking any credit away from Souup's input and I was one of the first few here that were applauding his analysis over & above the usual suspects very early in the piece. I'm not in competition with the bloke, because I knew that he gets "it".

Smoocher also has a very good handle on analysing youth. These blokes have the ability to sum up quality traits................and so do I. I don't remember either of them singling out "anticipation" or "quarterback" traits, but I'm not claiming that makes me a better analyst than either of them either.

Pykie gets a lot of rave reviews, but he's really a numbers man. This has it's place, but it's inferior to the experienced eye test.
Massive case of flogstradamus.

you have some good insight at times, the carry on prevents the rightful accolades.

Massive case of flogstradamus.

you have some good insight at times, the carry on prevents the rightful accolades.

As long as you KNOW.

I can live without the medals.

Yeah mate it blew us away thats for sure, but when I thought about it I couldn’t recall a time he got caught holding the ball. Yes he had crazy lateral movement and a mad vertical leap and he didnt really get a lot of the ball playing in a forward pocket, but when he did he made good things happen before the opposition reacted.

Now if you transfer that awareness into an inside/outside midfielder who gets it 35 times a game then that’s scary..
Scary in a good way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it Powell that loose that insaaane handball out of defensive 50 to Cunnington that led to Lazzaro's goal?
Absolutely it was. He was shaping up for a shorter handball to someone else then saw Cunners with space and bang. Away we went.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back