Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah another ****en issue with this comp, free agency after 50 games I like it. How the **** a bloke who's injured for five ****en seasons qualifies for FA is totally beyond me.
That's right - logic would say it should be a combination of games played, and years at the club.

That's right - logic would say it should be a combination of games played, and years at the club.

You really would think so wouldn't you.

How *en hard would it have been to cover of the couple of likely scenarios clubs are faced with when dealing with FA?

Rhetorical question mate as I know you know the answer. I'm not overly educated left school after year 10 and did an apprenticeship. Started working at a Uni five years ago I now run the maintenance department at a place worth a billion dollars. Have made that many obvious changes that I get back slaps and accolades for but in reality they were common sense decisions.
Anywho am just venting :)

You really would think so wouldn't you.

How ****en hard would it have been to cover of the couple of likely scenarios clubs are faced with when dealing with FA?

Rhetorical question mate as I know you know the answer. I'm not overly educated left school after year 10 and did an apprenticeship. Started working at a Uni five years ago I now run the maintenance department at a place worth a billion dollars. Have made that many obvious changes that I get back slaps and accolades for but in reality they were common sense decisions.
Anywho am just venting :)

amazing how far common sense can take you, some of the smartest people I know have very little common sense.

I doubt we would see end of first round for Tazza, more likely to be the pick after our second round sadly. Dawks got pick after their 1st rounder for buddy on a squillion dollar deal. Yes I do realise if they came dead last it would have been pick 2. But still to say tazz is worth pick 23 or 24 is a bit much to expect.

I doubt we would see end of first round for Tazza, more likely to be the pick after our second round sadly. Dawks got pick after their 1st rounder for buddy on a squillion dollar deal. Yes I do realise if they came dead last it would have been pick 2. But still to say tazz is worth pick 23 or 24 is a bit much to expect.
Why, he was a first round draft pick and he's now showing why.

The highest compensation pick awarded is a pick immediately after a club's first round pick, so end of first round is 2nd highest and not impossible imo.

If Tarrant left I imagine his contract would be at least as good as Higgins', so we'd get a second round pick at worst (which is worth less than Tarrant).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A friend had a chat with an opposition club's list manager down at the U18's games in Geelong yesterday, and raised Tarrant's name, asking if their club is looking at him. The response? "Tarrant is expected to stay at North!"

I feel better after hearing that.

Not much, the scaling takes I to account BnF finishes and previous salary I'm pretty sure.

We'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick which is worth nothing in this draft

Nope.

It's a very simplistic 'formula'.

It takes into consideration two factors:

- Age of the player
- The new contract value

They then come up with a points rating which determines what (if any) compensation the club gets.

That outcome is then ticked off by a few so called 'footy experts' who determine whether the formula has spat out something fair or whether it needs to be altered.

The AFL hasn't released what weighting each element (age/new contract value) is given, btw.

A friend had a chat with an opposition club's list manager down at the U18's games in Geelong yesterday, and raised Tarrant's name, asking if their club is looking at him. The response? "Tarrant is expected to stay at North!"

I feel better after hearing that.

They were probably saying the something about Greenwood this time last year!

Hope your right. We have not had this type of player arguably ever in the position he is playing.

Agree mate but it's the list manager I too hope is right. The friend who spoke to him knows him well though so I doubt he'd speak s**t to them. Fingers crossed!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back