Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Let me re phrase that. When he takes an overhead mark I'll shut up.
That's a fair comment. He's renowned for having marking issues.

Personally I can live with that flaw if he gives us similar amounts of run and carry and a similar quality of defensive work. Hansen in will do wonders for all our defenders games IMO.

Bringing Hansen back alone isn't the answer, he gets killed in one-on-ones, he's a good intercept marker, but I think we need a Tarrant or Tippett in the side as well to handle the gorilla forwards, because Scotty T can't compete strengthwise on them. Robbie's going to have some bad days, but he needs gametime, looked to have alright closing speed as well. We'll find out if it works at the end of the season I guess

Signs were good but needs to be given an extended period to have a crack and get settled and increase in confidence, may stink up a few here and there but think we have to persist with this experiment.

He's a good user and quite composed back there. Did some great defensive work against a free flowing attacking team that generated plenty of clean I50's. Excellent game. Also led the team wit 5 one percenters.

Absolutely wrapped for him considering the hurdles he has had to deal with. Here's hoping for a long career in the 22.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbie was OUTSTANDING all bloody night! Without him last night it would have been ugly! He bent over his opponent all night, rebounded well and kicked a massive team lifter!!!

I know he may not have fully redeemed himself in many of our supporters eyes yet, but a whole lot of the unjustified crap that has been written about him on BF will by the end of the season seem bang out of line.

Yep, agree with all of the praise given to Taz. He was very very good. When he kicked that goal to our end, was the most excited I've been since the Geelong final last year (footy wise, of course).
Agree his goal got me up and about and was the highlight of the game, always good to see a key position player break away and kick a running goal from around 50.

The goal was his forward instincts.

Didn't think about it. Picked it up, then actually moved away from the defenders, two steps, bang. Post high from 48.

I feel like we forget he is an exceptionally talented footballer who has really been s**t on by injuries.

The goal was his forward instincts.

Didn't think about it. Picked it up, then actually moved away from the defenders, two steps, bang. Post high from 48.

I feel like we forget he is an exceptionally talented footballer who has really been s**t on by injuries.
I didn't forget.... Has been a long road being a Taz sympathiser...

Last night when that goal sailed through I lost my s**t!!! I saw a guy just down from us looking pissed off, I later found out that he "hates Taz", and thinks he is "no good".
My thoughts on that are, that this "supporter" is a bitter tool, who obviously is still pissed that they had zero athletic ability and wants to bring down those that have.
Taz deserves a good run with injuries and a sustained successful career. He has the ability to be one of our most important players!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back