Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Been one of the best outcomes of season so far, to see Taz (so far) successfully transition down back and be important.

For mine we back him in against Cloke.

Even if he gets goals kicked on him he will be better for the experience. Scooter can be second choice if required, but hopefully that is not necessary.

Yep, had a cracking day on cloke. Has the size and power to keep with those guys. Unfortunately the dropped mark sealed the match but not one iota of blame should be put on him.

He was great again. One costly blue should not diminish what was an excellent performance individually.

played well on Cloke but cost 2 goals in the last quarter. Someone needs to teach our defenders that when under pressure they are actually allowed to rush it through for a behind even Cunnington was lucky when he got tackled but managed to kick it through for a point.
Letting that Elliott toe poke go through was disgraceful.

Thought Taz was great. Only negative is how long he takes to get rid of the ball after a mark. He does great work taking a contested mark, then takes way too long making the decision on who to pass it to, and ends up being called play on. The kick inevitably goes to a 1:1 and is risky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

played well on Cloke but cost 2 goals in the last quarter. Someone needs to teach our defenders that when under pressure they are actually allowed to rush it through for a behind even Cunnington was lucky when he got tackled but managed to kick it through for a point.
This! - There were about 4 opportunities to put it through yesterday but they f$$ked around with it instead with dinky handballs. Just put it through

He was good, that mark was hilarious, when it starts to rain heavily and you see a pretty easy uncontested mark and you think maybe i should take it on the chest because it might slip out of my hands... it was a shame the team was playing like s**t at the time, it was really his only mistake.

He hasn't been defending that long, you have to accept some of these kind of errors, it is something the coaches have to highlight to players that if you are under pressure close to goal you should kill it and play the percentages.

This! - There were about 4 opportunities to put it through yesterday but they f$$ked around with it instead with dinky handballs. Just put it through

I agree with you and scooby1279. You'd think the players would have a better idea of the rule than the fans by now. But it seems not at several clubs, our's included.

I agree with you and scooby1279. You'd think the players would have a better idea of the rule than the fans by now. But it seems not at several clubs, our's included.
It's probably because we have been diabolical with kick outs for so long that we'd rather risk giving away a goal than go through the trauma of a kick out after a point. :confused:

It's probably because we have been diabolical with kick outs for so long that we'd rather risk giving away a goal than go through the trauma of a kick out after a point. :confused:

I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. Give them a goal and we get the ball back to the middle. At least we're ahead of the competition with one brilliant strategy. Who needs Clarko or Rossy Lyon?:rolleyes:

I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. Give them a goal and we get the ball back to the middle. At least we're ahead of the competition with one brilliant strategy. Who needs Clarko or Rossy Lyon?:rolleyes:

Yep. You're essentially paying 6 points to move the ball half way up the field. Good price!

Yep. You're essentially paying 6 points to move the ball half way up the field. Good price!
Five really (given the alternative is rushing a behind)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back