Player Watch #26: Anthony Miles

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this is a Mile's thread but I think Lambert will also be another diamond in the rough....

I'm. Inclined to agree, was on the fence for a bit but some great qualities shining through , quick, tenacious Solid Ball handling and pretty good disposal
Pure hard nose footballers like Lambert (IMO) will always make decent AFL footballers as long as they get their fitness to the required level and can adapt to the speed of the game.

just gets better and better everygame. Cant wait to see what he'll be like after 150 games - i'm saying a premiership player.

will never be an AA because the media have their darlings and he will be overshadowed by our more flamboyant midfielders, but the club and supporters know just how important he is to the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not 100% sure on that, thought I heard himself say that getting the chop made him refocus....happy to be wrong however.
From what I have seen of his character I'd be very surprised if his attitude and commitment was ever a problem. If he said that maybe he meant it just made him realise he had another level to go to or something, can't imagine it ever being poor.

From what I have seen of his character I'd be very surprised if his attitude and commitment was ever a problem. If he said that maybe he meant it just made him realise he had another level to go to or something, can't imagine it ever being poor.

He was axed and we picked him up in the rookie draft, meaning no one wanted him in the PSD etc and we grabbed him in the 40s from memory..

An absolute steal.. Apparently we called him a week before the rookie draft to say he was a chance but very doubtful, so he was elated to be drafted, never heard anything about poor attitude just had to many high picks.. He did take himself off to his uncle who is i think Pat Farmer?? a long distance runner during the pre season he was delisted to improve his running, very motivated and good attitude i would think from taking that iniative...

He was axed and we picked him up in the rookie draft, meaning no one wanted him in the PSD etc and we grabbed him in the 40s from memory..

An absolute steal.. Apparently we called him a week before the rookie draft to say he was a chance but very doubtful, so he was elated to be drafted, never heard anything about poor attitude just had to many high picks.. He did take himself off to his uncle who is i think Pat Farmer?? a long distance runner during the pre season he was delisted to improve his running, very motivated and good attitude i would think from taking that iniative...

Pat Scammell I think it was. Sounds like he was desperate for the opportunity and is reaping the rewards. As are we…in spades.
He's been nothing short of extraordinary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back