Player Watch #26: Anthony Miles

Remove this Banner Ad

With his attitude/Build it'll be interesting to see where he's at when he reaches the 80-100 game mark.....

upload_2015-8-3_12-55-17.png

He was axed and we picked him up in the rookie draft, meaning no one wanted him in the PSD etc and we grabbed him in the 40s from memory..

An absolute steal.. Apparently we called him a week before the rookie draft to say he was a chance but very doubtful, so he was elated to be drafted, never heard anything about poor attitude just had to many high picks.. He did take himself off to his uncle who is i think Pat Farmer?? a long distance runner during the pre season he was delisted to improve his running, very motivated and good attitude i would think from taking that iniative...

As someone else pointed out he was training with his uncle Pat Scammell.
I'm mates with one of Snips cousins and he told me that we rang him a day or two before the PSD and said we wouldn't take him. Day off the draft they called him again to tell him they were picking him.
Was also talking to his father at the Homecoming the other week and he was worried that with the club looking like it was trying to get another mid that Snip would be on the outer as he is already highly rotated, fairly one dimesional and isn't capable of going forward and kicking goals like Dusty and Co.
I think that after his performance his performance last week he should be safe for quite a while :D

Thank God, I almost had a heart attack when I read Pat Farmer. You shouldn't judge people based on who they're related to, but Farmer's such a tosser and was an atrocious MP.

Yeah sorry i did put a question mark as im terrible with names...

Thank god for Chocco Williams i say. Logic says it was Chocco who put us onto this little fella.
Just have to love the way this bloke goes about it but is it sustainable.I have grave concerns about the grind and wear and tear on such a small body performing a much bigger bodied role.

I still think Anthony has replaced Nathan Foley, imo we need to find a big inside replacement for Tuck. A type who could take a lot of the load of a player like Miles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We needed miles to protect the longevity of cotch and avoid being battered....
Miles is so good now....we need another hard nut to protect him!!!
Edwards + Lambert + Grigg + Martin have all done so this year

Edwards + Lambert + Grigg + Martin have all done so this year

Seems like we are going down the path of getting mids to play inside & out. I think it's great, makes us more difficult to match up on an shares the load around....:thumbsu:

That article puts him behind 4 others in the comp for points from clearances. But it doesn't mention the difference in game numbers compared to the others. Makes me wonder where Miles will be at when reaching around the 100 game mark? I just wonder how much more he could potentially improve ? Dare to dream hay ?....

Cheers for posting the link TTM :thumbsu:
Look at his Player Ratings chart, he's 147th in the comp and it accounts for your last 40 games. He's on 33 with us so far
rdEuasJ.png

Must confess he both amazes & worries me a bit. If you watch closely
when he's in the packs how he gets assaulted & hit about the head. He amazes me in that even when that happens & he's on his way to the ground, he repeatedly gets the hand ball to a player or to Tiger advantage.....An absolute Diamond hard as & quality :thumbsu:

Must confess he both amazes & worries me a bit. If you watch closely
when he's in the packs how he gets assaulted & hit about the head. He amazes me in that even when that happens & he's on his way to the ground, he repeatedly gets the hand ball to a player or to Tiger advantage.....An absolute Diamond hard as & quality :thumbsu:
His head is made of either diamonds or cement...its rock hard. The way he jumps up after he gets whacked...never complains or whinges...he's as hard as nails.

IN Miles OUT Lambert. Surely.
It's not like Lambert has been training as a stopper all summer, he was given a go and it worked for one game. Today he was non-existent.
Miles if given the same task could surely do just as good a stopping job while also winning more than 9 possies himself. Or am I missing somethingg that Lambert contributes above Miles?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back