Past #26: Daniel Nielson - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Dan

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you need to visit Mr Lerner and show him how ugly a good looking man can get.
I'll go Hooker on him and see how much he likes Tweeting then!

Cant see why paople are gerring all cut up over this. Not the most diplomatic post of all time but hey. It is what it is.

In 5 minutes of play hooker absolutely destrored Nielson. It could have been a watershed moment for dan to use the incident to spur him on to better things.

We all know this didnt happen so we move on.

Yes I'm definitely in the camp of those extremely disappointed to let Dan go. Really wanted him to make it. Really thought he could have made it if given the opportunity. Loved his desperation and determination. And unlike some others here I'd seen him a few times this year and was seeing great improvement.

In a year that we all thought was perfect for Brad to play the kids, very few of them ever got a look in. A disgrace in my books that players like Dan and Hibberd, McKay, Mountford and Preuss never got a look in.

I hope he gets another opportunity. The kid deserves it.

Can see this coming back to bite us in the arse. He was great last season and stiff not to be given a run this season. Can defs see him succeeding at another club. disappointed as wouldve preferred him over thompson or durdin.
Disappointed that he didn't get another crack but it won't bite us.

And preferred over Thompson? The guy who made AA one year? Really?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant see why paople are gerring all cut up over this. Not the most diplomatic post of all time but hey. It is what it is.

In 5 minutes of play hooker absolutely destrored Nielson. It could have been a watershed moment for dan to use the incident to spur him on to better things.

We all know this didnt happen so we move on.

You're entitled to see it that way if you want, of course.

For me, I thought it was very offensive at the time that an established senior player would humiliate a 5-gamer like that, especially seeing the 5-gamer had the better of him all game except for that small period when the flood gates opened (it wasn't just down to Hooker, their midfield destroyed ours in the last quarter).

I find it even more offensive that a young bloke suffers the deflating news that he is being delisted and some no-one * supporter with a twitter account decides to insult him again with it. The cheapest of cheap shots.

So yeah, I'm pretty pissed off by it and I'll feel better when it gets rammed back down their collective throats.

For me, I thought it was very offensive at the time that an established senior player would humiliate a 5-gamer like that, especially seeing the 5-gamer had the better of him all game except for that small period when the flood gates opened (it wasn't just down to Hooker, their midfield destroyed ours in the last quarter).

I find it even more offensive that a young bloke suffers the deflating news that he is being delisted and some no-one * supporter with a twitter account decides to insult him again with it. The cheapest of cheap shots.

So yeah, I'm pretty pissed off by it and I'll feel better when it gets rammed back down their collective throats.

I'm with you on that. Hooker showed he had no class that day. Lerner just showed he has even less.

In more positive news at least now Dan has the chance to take Alex Rance’s spot in Richmond’s best 22. I for one hope he seizes the oppurtunity with both hands.
Natural replacement

Exactly. Dixon tore Tarrant a new 1 when he was back at Gold Coast. Kicked 8 on him and there was nothing Tarrant could do as our midfield was useless.

Incredibly short sighted to just look at goals against and not factor in the variables. Just like when nielson beat gray but port were all over us and a few cheapies for gray didn't paint the full story.

Nielson should of stood up for himself, instead of bending over for Hooker. Don’t care about the goals, but getting his hair ruffled like that and doing nothing about it looked soft.

Someone else should of, legally, belted Hooker for being a flog.

He had no support that day and it showed. It was the beginning of the end.

Hooker: Kicks two junk time goals in a nothing game during the season. Goes and ruffles the hair of a sub 5 gamer.

Petrie: Kicks two goals on Hooker who DIRECTLY loses his team an elimination final. It doesn't cross Petrie's mind to go near Hooker post goals.

Some people are pathetic and some aren't.

Last edited:
Perfect replacement for Collins.

Will be very interesting to see how he tracks away from a full time environment. Will be very interesting!
Under Chocco Williams as well. Assembling a strong team.

The delisting will bite you on the arse!

Highly doubt it.

Not saying Dan won't become a good AFL player eventually, just pointing out that we are adequately covered in his area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back