Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Gold Coast knock on him was that he was soft and went missing too often. At North, he was soft and got lots of uncontested possessions, but still managed to torch the footy as much as players whose relatively low DE is due to always being in a contested situation.
If you kick sideways 15m a lot you get high a DE. You go for a lot of high risk/reward kicks and you mess some up, it drops your DE. Colby McKercher, who is one of my new favourites, will mess up big time quite a lot too. He is similar to Hall in how he takes the game on and is prone to do some weird things at times. It won't always be good. Even Sheezel did a couple of weird bad kicks on the weekend, it happens. But the good things outweigh the bad and good teams will be able to cover up mistakes more.

Hall's best was elite and I loved watching him play. When the Devils come into the competition, give me one or two players like Hall please.

Tarryn training on TikTok...

blinking trailer park boys GIF

Tyson Stengle all over again. Thomas will win a Brownlow sitting off Bruhn, Blicavs and Clark, provided he doesn't buy a residence in Norlane or Corio once he gets signed to the Cats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He went through his second and third chances last year, Scotts.

A club really is going to pick him up this offseason aren't they.

I was genuinely hoping they would at least make him put his training and character to the test in a lower level for a year, but apparently not.

Hahaha…of f&&$# course……Chris Scott…we’re big on giving second chances….just now on seven news..
Yeah….and watch the media pump up the comeback story if they decide to go for it….🤮🤮

He went through his second and third chances last year, Scotts.

A club really is going to pick him up this offseason aren't they.

I was genuinely hoping they would at least make him put his training and character to the test in a lower level for a year, but apparently not.

This never happens in the afl

The Cats kept Eddie Betts on to mentor and support Stengle. We’d see both at Eddie’s Ashy Redbacks U12 games with Stengle helping with the kids. I bloody hope I’m not seeing TT AND Stengle at future games.

Scott was right to point out its a vastly different situation to Stengle, and it's actually rather lazy and potentially racist to draw similarities between the two.

Thomas is extremely tainted and has been suspended by the AFL for 18 weeks for making vile threats to Women, and this is after multiple education sessions.

All AFL teams have an AFLW team attached to them and I can't imagine the Geelong AFLW program will be welcoming Tarryn with open arms. Also, it has the potential to quickly become a circus if it doesn't go well - just look at what is happening now between Sydney Roosters and the NRL with Michael Jennings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back