AFL Player #27: Mason Redman šŸ• - Hamstring scan, test for Carlton game - Aaaaaaand he's gone - 4/6

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went on the radio this morning and flat out said if he was OOC last year he would have left because we had too many people pulling in too many different directions off field.

Score one for Barham and Vozzo

interview is linked here (i think).

it matches up with some stuff he'd said earlier this season, with regards to coaching changes fostering unity within the club

Awareness? Not sure how you explain it. Some players have it, some don't. There's a difference to playing in the midfield than there is to being in defence or forward.

Parish has it, Langford doesn't.
I think his 360 degree vision and usage is fine.
Unless he doesn't want to, there is no reason not to try him in the middle. His attributes could make him a very very good midfielder.

I think it was super important to retain Redman. He's such a well balanced player without any real weaknesses. Having guys like him makes the defense in general more flexible. You can play him on a dangerous small forward or play him on their weakest forward and have him be a rebounding presence.

Nice to have him locked in for 5 years - especially as a player that we've developed all the way. He's also shown that he's the type to keep working on his game and he's just improved bit by bit every year.

I still reckon he's got another gear to go to. Not so much in terms of his best games but in terms of his consistency. Right now he has a tendency to have a hot streak and then go a bit quiet for a few games.

Always felt like he was never going. Not just because we became more stable, but you can't be gunning for the captaincy/be a captaincy favourite and then 4 months later not sign. Wouldn't have made sense.

Nevertheless, how shithouse would the feeling be to go through all that crap as a team and then see your boys go on to win a flag without you.

We also really have no one else that can play his role consistently and we're more focused on locking in our talls, and even though he's still only mid-20's with a higher ceiling to reach, the experience that he does have is invaluable. If you can have experience from a player that consistently keeps his spot, that's the kinda experience you need.

It's interesting that he's crediting Vozzo and Scott as key figures at the club and really believing in the direction they're taking the club. No mention of president or anyone else.

I don't mind that, I'm happy that the president has drifted into the background. We don't really hear from Vozzo much either, Scott seems to be the mouthpiece for everything, and he does that pretty well. Wonder if he'd make a good head of AFL one day?

It's interesting that he's crediting Vozzo and Scott as key figures at the club and really believing in the direction they're taking the club. No mention of president or anyone else.
The new blokes who where not around when we imploded . :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back