Past #28: Robin Nahas - delisted by NM - 34 games for the club - thank you Robin

Is Nahas able to be played next week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the bit I loved most was when he stopped in his tracks, won the free kick, ump payed advantage Cunners gaoled, and Nahas went spare sticking it right up em!!! Left everyone in no doubt where his allegiances lie. Love him in the team, a very shrewd pick up.

Cunnington deserved jail time for what he did to the tiges:thumbsu:

not sure what moment it was but he turned to the north end at one stage grabbed his jumper and kissed it
Oh, I wish there was a shot or footage of that. The TV seemed to be filming from behind, certainly when he kicked the goal that put North in front.

not sure what moment it was but he turned to the north end at one stage grabbed his jumper and kissed it
There was a few times he excitedly pulled at the jumper after a big play. He's loving his new home.

There was an interview I think on sen or mmm after the game with Robbie, I forget which I was listening to whichever duck does. And they asked him about about the club and he was absolutely glowing in his description of the club and how right it felt being here.

There is no doubt that he is a north man through and through now.

Has surprised me with his effort.

Keep it up.

Agreed!

I knew when we signed him he would be playing for his career, but jesus his effort has stood out every week and is seemingly getting stronger by the game.

I can't think of two recruits that would be enjoying their football more than Nahas and NDS right now.

NMFC fast becoming a destination and I LOVE IT!

There are some quality sour-faced comments on the Richmond board about lil Robbie.

My favourite is the thread about how Robbie being aggressive against Richmond was too far because he needs to remember where he came from...

Biggest revelation was that Nahas has a certain horse-like quality that I hadn't previously heard. And I'm not talking about his kick.

I was thinking face but that can't be right.

It's his run up. Looks like he's in a dressage competition.

dressage.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne's Robin Nahas has confessed that he started a lot of the altercations that happened on Sunday night against his former club, Richmond.

"It was all in good fun. I started a fair bit of it to be honest,"

"I kicked a goal and ran straight up to 'Cotchy' and gave him a bit of a hit."

North Melbourne coach Brad Scott said he was well aware that Nahas was the man behind many of the altercations that happened within the game.

"He's obviously got a few mates at Richmond because they all wanted to bash him" Scott joked.

"But he responded really well to that treatment. As I said to him, if you're a dangerous player you generally cop some decent defensive pressure.

I don't think anybody expected to see this from Nahas at the start of the year. Fantastic to see someone playing with real desperation.

I'm disappointed to not be experiencing 'pleasant surprise' like so many appear to be. He's producing around about what I thought he might be able to so I'm merely satisfied. What a let down.

In all seriouslyness though, what I am really delighted with is how he seems to be embracing the club and vice versa. Love the cheeky smile.

I heard an interview with him on MMM, Monday morning. I'm not going to do it justice because I can't think of his exact words or the players involved, but when asked about all the niggle on Sunday night he said something like,

"Yeah that was my fault, player 1 gave me a shove so I hit him, then player 2 came up to me so I hit him and player 3 came over so I hit him too."

I heard an interview with him on MMM, Monday morning. I'm not going to do it justice because I can't think of his exact words or the players involved, but when asked about all the niggle on Sunday night he said something like,

"Yeah that was my fault, player 1 gave me a shove so I hit him, then player 2 came up to me so I hit him and player 3 came over so I hit him too."
Here is the audio. 1.10 in

Nahas v Richmond.
Jacobs v Port.

Swish.
Could Dal have an Aaron Edwards like game against the Saints though? Blowie and Robbie were keen to strut their stuff but I'm not sure if Dal will be the same head space. He's a pro but I think it'll be interesting.

Back