Player Watch #28: Taylor Hunt

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like the nazi kid from the sound of music
tumblr_lhjvpzRYeq1qzv9zyo1_500.jpg

Am I the only one who sees it?

Hes not really all that fast, he seems very slow sometimes. All this i could forgive if he was hard as nails.

Sorry Tiger. You're watching the wrong person if you think his slow or soft. Maybe you've confused him with Morris or Ellis? Even commentators do. They're all blonde, similar height and build, and all shank kicks. Oh, but neither of them is slow or soft either. Not sure what's going on.

I don't mind him, has his moments but makes the odd mistake, which I'm sure he can iron out of his game. The same as others. I'd put him in our 18-22 range at this stage. Happy for him to play until someone can force him out. He'll definitely get better . It's only his first season with us....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good runner, goes in reasonably hard, quick enough without being a real speedster, gets enough of the ball and tackles a bit.
However, is prone to the odd brain fade, gets caught in possession, not particularly good disposal by foot.
Far from the worst player on our list but IMO if we are serious about getting top-4 status consistently then he needs to be upgraded unless his kicking and decision making improves rapidly.
Expect him to be pushed out of the side by a Menadue/C.Ellis/McDonogh/Doozy by mid next year.

He does his role pretty well and except for the odd clanger (he's not robinson crusoe there unfortunately) he's pretty effective. He knows where to run and gets in good spots to run and carry (which I don't think is his go really). I watch him a lot on replays as he's hard to notice live if he isn't stuffing up and I think he's pretty effective.

However, I'm no fan of him really and his spot is definitely one that is up for grabs. Hunt is a quality depth player compared to some of the squibs we have played in previous years.... When Conca, C.Ellis and our new A grade mid (doozy, FA whatever) arrives, he'll find it tough imo.... but he performs reasonably well (not in Cotch, Lids, Dusty terms but for what you'd expect from him) most weeks. He isn't an offensive weapon but does his job imo....

Good post. Also we need to remember he has only had one pre season with us, so he will get better with our structure etc which imo in part impacts his disposal.

He is still learning where his team mates run and lead, there patterns etc so he kicks to wear he thinks there going and they don't.

As to pace he kept on Matt whites tail and caught him, so he ain't slow

He's 25 at the end of the year and to be honest I don't see a huge amount of potential for improvement. Decent enough bit player but I do think he's holding Conca's spot and would probably have only played a handful of games this year if Knights and Petterd had been available. As others have said, would hope we see the likes of Lennon, McDonough, Ellis ahead of him sooner rather than later.

Don't rate him. Not good enough to be getting an AFL game at the moment. Disposal and decisions making hurts the team too much.

Probably just a depth player going forward. He's getting games at the moment because he has pace and a tank, something we've been crying out for, but as soon as we get another pacy option off the HBF he'll be back in the reserves. His decision making and disposal can be awful.

A good upgrade on some of the dribble we've had running around in the yellow and black for the last few years. He seems to hold onto the ball before kicking/hand balling for a smidge too long, but in a game of small margins it can be the difference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good team player, goes hard for the ball, has speed and good endurance. Personally think he's doing his role for the team. Up to the players beneath him to try and crack into the side and force players like Hunt out IMO.

Interestingly, he's averaging more disposals and rebound 50s with us than he did in his last 4 years with Geelong.

He has pace and competes...tick

He is essentially one sided...hence when corralled lacks composure...cross

A few have noted he is learning the game plan...that's a fair point as well...lol we have a game plan...woohoo!!

The Cats are historically good judges of capability...they let him walk.

YinYan. I'm of the opinion that our bottom 3 in the team should be selected specifically for the game upcoming...funnily enough I think he shouldn't have been selected last week but we can use his pace today.

Actually don't see him keeping Conca's spot...if/when Reece gets on the park and gets some form, into the midfield he goes to wax with Miles.

I think he is sitting in Lennon's spot...Ben just needs to realise it and go get it. Now that will be a true worthy upgrade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back