Past Tom Bell

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Bell talks of the journey

With the home and away season now drawing to its close, Bell can truly be considered amongst Carlton’s many individual success stories of 2014, particularly in the second half of the season after overcoming a finger injury.

A full pre-season held him in good stead for the winter campaign, to the point that he’s truly repaid the Senior Coach’s faith with a string of solid performances as a hard-bodied, hard-running midfielder with a good goal sense.

We've had an incredibly disappointing year thus far but Tom has been a real shining light for us.

The improvement in his game has been significant and he continues to develop into a very handy footballer. Has clearly been our best performed player thus far in 2015 and would be comfortably leading our B&F count to this point in the season.

Finally he looks to be playing within his limitations and his game appears to be flourishing as a result. I've been a critic of his for a while but hats off to him - he's working hard and he is reaping the rewards for that effort.

Was genuinely impressed with him on the weekend. Don't mean this to be a knock on him, but you know we're in trouble when he looks like one of the classiest players on the ground; and that's exactly the way it looked vs Brisbane. He went for the ball with intent, didn't fumble around once he got it and delivered the ball really well I thought. He was the only player who really stood up when the team crying out for it and kicked a couple of goals to boot. Great game, building into a good season and one of only a few players who've improved on last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point about the BnF

Doc
Bell
Gibbs (amazingly, given he's been down on last year's form)

Cripps
Judd (?)
Curnow despite him limitations hasn't been our worst

Wouldn't be many other contenders

Maybe Touhy up until the Brions game

I'd say for impact its btw Doc n Bell right now

Good point about the BnF

Doc
Bell
Gibbs (amazingly, given he's been down on last year's form)

Cripps
Judd (?)
Curnow despite him limitations hasn't been our worst

Wouldn't be many other contenders

Maybe Touhy up until the Brions game

I'd say for impact its btw Doc n Bell right now

Where's all the haters now. This guy gives his all week in week out. Yes he'll turn the ball over and make mistakes but I would much rather have 22 Tommy Bells run out for my club and I know he'll give 100 percent each and every week. Congratulations Belly hope you keep up with the great form.

Where's all the haters now. This guy gives his all week in week out. Yes he'll turn the ball over and make mistakes but I would much rather have 22 Tommy Bells run out for my club and I know he'll give 100 percent each and every week. Congratulations Belly hope you keep up with the great form.

If 22 Tommy Bells ran out each week we would be on top of the ladder because the opposition would be too scared to take the field.

Swan v Bell - the first 40 games. Why? Because they've always reminded me of each other, and I have too much time on my hands.

Swan v Bell Summary.png

1. Swan's first 40 games were before the sub rule.
2. Bell's been an on-baller his whole career so far. Not sure about Swan.
3. Swan debuted at age 19. Bell debuted at age 21.
4. It wasn't long after this Swan's numbers exploded. Hopefully Tom's do the same.

Swan v Bell - the first 40 games. Why? Because they've always reminded me of each other, and I have too much time on my hands.

View attachment 145982

1. Swan's first 40 games were before the sub rule.
2. Bell's been an on-baller his whole career so far. Not sure about Swan.
3. Swan debuted at age 19. Bell debuted at age 21.
4. It wasn't long after this Swan's numbers exploded. Hopefully Tom's do the same.
All I see is one player tackles and hits the scoreboard and the other doesn't.

Thought Bell was going to remain a fringe midfielder in and out of the team. But after this years form it's hard not to be optimistic about his potential.

In amongst Cripps brilliance it's easy to forget Tom's been pretty good all year and he was hugely important in the Port win as well.

Dare I say it, seen some actual footy smarts from him recently. I think like a lot of our players, he's best playing instinctive, hard and fast footy.

And if I may say this, I can see Judd's influence on him. The way he runs out of stoppages sometimes really reminds me of CJ.

Big fan of Big Bad Belly
Love his run, love his ability to break a tackle, break the lines and kick a goal
His developments this year is immense - he appears to be more involved and is hitting the scoreboard regularly
Only thing I think he needs to work on now his hitting more targets when going inside 50
(I don't have stats to support just something I noticed watching the game lately - anyone got kicking efficiency stats?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back