Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

A few of you seemed to liked my Lindsay Thomas highlights video so I’ll chuck the video of Boomer’s career highlights here as well for anyone else who loves going back and remembering the legends career.

That goal at 1:08 is literally my favourite all-time goal, and I never see it replayed ever. Am I going crazy and it's not that good, or is it that underrated?

That goal at 1:08 is literally my favourite all-time goal, and I never see it replayed ever. Am I going crazy and it's not that good, or is it that underrated?
Nah it was so good, robbed of goal of the year in 2008. I remember it was my first game in Melbourne that game and Boomer kicked 2 GOTY contenders and dominated.

Criminally under rated. I was sitting in the forward pocket a few rows back so had a front row seat (Sorry, couldn't help myself Arthur) and immediately texted my * supporting mate "BOOMER HAS JUST KICKED GOAL OF THE DECADE". I can't be convinced otherwise that if it was Cyril, Eddie or Ballentyne with Denis and Bruce at the microphone it would have been replayed endlessly.

Criminally under rated. I was sitting in the forward pocket a few rows back so had a front row seat (Sorry, couldn't help myself Arthur) and immediately texted my * supporting mate "BOOMER HAS JUST KICKED GOAL OF THE DECADE". I can't be convinced otherwise that if it was Cyril, Eddie or Ballentyne with Denis and Bruce at the microphone it would have been replayed endlessly.

Yeah, every time I see it I almost can't believe it. Should be replayed like Buddy's running goal, but you never see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BOOMER SENT OFF AT LOCAL FOOTY GAME

By Ben Higgins

AFL games record holder Brent Harvey has revealed her was sent off while playing for North Heidelberg in the Northern Football League.

The North Melbourne legend was yellow carded in the weekend's clash against West Preston Lakeside after arguing a call with an umpire.

A yellow card earns a player a 15-minute timeout on the sidelines.

Harvey said there was no aggresion in the exchange and was surprised with given his marching orders.

“I disagreed with the umpire’s decision,” Harvey told foxfooty.com.au.

“I’m aware that children come to these games and that is one thing I’m very conscious of. I didn’t swear and there was nothing aggressive at all.

“Next thing I knew I was being sent off. I move on and look forward to next week.”

Harvey kicked four goals for the Bulldogs but was unable to stop a 42-point loss.

I struggle to see who he was keeping out of the side as we havnt even got a genuine crumber in the team.
It’s ******* stupidity at its finest that you build a team around Ben Brown and he has a bunch of witches hats at his feet.

I struggle to see who he was keeping out of the side as we havnt even got a genuine crumber in the team.
It’s ******* stupidity at its finest that you build a team around Ben Brown and he has a bunch of witches hats at his feet.
Didn't run both ways. Like dal santo was a liability on defence.

I know mate. Could argue our defensive pressure the past month has been mirroring 2016 too
Not just Boomer but LT as well. We know Brad wants pressure but the incumbents aren't providing enough defensive or scoreboard pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back