Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

After watching Kevin Bartlett and Leigh Matthews exploit the way the rule used to be written back in the day, I'm perfectly happy with the way things are now even if it leads to these very technical decisions.

Yeah, I get that. But the rule should only be applied if the player is tackled whilst bouncing, not finger-tagged.

Yeah true, that was the dodgy part about the LDU tackle, but the Kevin Bartlett rule when applied to the letter of the law tends to overlook that definition of what constitutes a tackle. I agree that LDU should have been requires to do more and that's where the touch or flag football accusation comes in.

I should have kept reading ...

If laz and shiels get named over him again we riot
Well at least you won't have to deal with the temporary fencing when you riot…
Fencing around the ground is coming down today.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Have a bad feeling that Laz and Shiels will play and the only change will be Simpkin for Goater.

Last edited:
Well at lest you won't have to deal with the temporary fencing when you riot…

Have a bad feeling that Laz and Shiels will play and the only change will be Simpkin for Goater.
In the spirit of Half Day Hughie, they've ****ed off after removing half if it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Any ITK got Intel on whether if he'll be named this week

tenor.gif

If he doesn't play this week, I don't think it's a stretch to say that the coaches just don't rate him at all.
This is not a good sign - NORTH Melbourne is closing on a deal for another of its budding young stars, with midfielder Tom Powell in talks over a two-year extension. Aside from the Coaches opinion, it would be interesting to understand the playing group and if the Leadership group are aligned. If you pick another sport like Cricket where a player like Mitch Marsh was much maligned and in/out of the Australian side. Clearly we did not get the best of him under Langer and other coaches. But the internal playing group rated him, and with McDonald/Cummins running the show we have seen what The Bison has done in the past 2 years. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he is playing for his career at the Kangas this year. Hopefully he can and earn a contract when opportunities are presented to him by playing really good consistent footy. Park the stats aside (as you can spin these anyway you like), it’s really Clarko/Viney/Jai/LMac/Larkey saying we need this guy each week in our best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have asked my thourthe - the old bloke who sits at the tram stop on Abbotsford Street with a bottle of tawny port - for updates on Phillips an got nuffink bruv

I have asked my thourthe - the old bloke who sits at the tram stop on Abbotsford Street with a bottle of tawny port - for updates on Phillips an got nuffink bruv

I imagine inner scrotes (of any gender) might be keeping it closer to the chest this week, to avoid being made to look unreliable again.

If he doesn't play this week, I don't think it's a stretch to say that the coaches just don't rate him at all.

Nah.

If he's not looking like cementing his spot by the end of the season (barring injury) then yeah he may not be in our future plans, but right now you're just projecting.

I did like LDU's effort there, but it was a horrendous free kick. Just nonsensical umpiring.
I may be wrong but hasn’t taking a bounce as you’re being tackled always been holding the ball? It rewards the tackler cos they’ve busted a gut to get to a player who is either oblivious or thinks they’re clear…

Is Clarko just trying to make him really hungry?
probably a bit of both get him some time in the 2's to prove himself (something the entire team should have to do when necessary) and to give those in what would be his spot currently a shot sustained at the top level. All he can do is his best and earn it.

don’t see it as an issue, the mids we have in there are a better mix. Is good depth at this stage and hopefully takes his opportunity when it comes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back