2nd Test Australia v Pakistan Dec 26--30 1000hrs @ the MCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The team they bought here two tours ago was quite strong, they batted genuinely down to 7 with Sarfraz at his peak when he was averaging around 40, Asad Shafique at 6 who I think I’m still correct in saying holds the record for centuries by a #6 batsman, Younis, Azhar Ali was opening, Misbah was at 5 I think, and Babar was early in his career and made his maiden ton I think. Their top 7 had 6 guys who averaged 40 for their career or for the majority of it. They should have won at least 1 test in that series if their bowling was a bit less flaky - they had Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz and Yasir Shah so not exactly hopeless
Babar made the ton in Pakistan's 2019 tour or Australia. He was pretty ordinary in 2016/17, but it was the start of his career as you mentioned.

Shafiq made a fourth innings ton in Brisbane on that tour that got them within about 40 runs of chasing 490. Was an absolutely fantastic knock. The chase was always difficult but I was lurking this board at the time and there were some real melts and genuine concern that Pakistan were going to do it.

Steyn > Donald.

Sorry, couldn’t help myself
Donald more fearsome than Steyn IMO. The guy lived to hurt batsmen. Amazing foil to the consistency of Pollock.

Loved him.

What makes these Saffer quicks so angry? Nel another frother (for example) but without the talent of the aforementioned 2.

Still a while out, but...
View attachment 1879416

Will be fine enough, and if they actually started it on the second as the should we’d get a whole game in. Why they want to start a day test mid week in Sydney when most are back at work who knows. As long as it doesn’t rain too much day 3 when I have the breakfast don’t really mind too much.

Thanks. Based on the above, any snicko registered right at the end of a frame (as this glove band example was) is almost exactly halfway between what you see on the screen and the next frame. Which looks to be the forearm, not the glove.

Still can’t believe that this was deemed enough to overturn a not out on field decision.

There's two spikes, one each frame, which suggests the ball has clipped the glove and then the forearm, which would also explain Rizwan's insistence. I'm sure it did hit his forearm, but it also hit the glove on the way through as shown by the hotspot.

And those people are idiots.

He is 6 foot 6.

He bowls 140+ consistently.

Produces late swing with new and old ball and can seam it around too.

Name me one bowler in history who could do all that and was also highly consistent?

And if you can find that one bowler in history, do they also give you 20 runs as a lower order batsman? Starc has had a brilliant career, but there's a few around here who won't be able to appreciate it until he's been retired for 20 years.

Edit: FredLeDeux answered this by nominating Wasim Akram.

Donald more fearsome than Steyn IMO. The guy lived to hurt batsmen. Amazing foil to the consistency of Pollock.

Loved him.

What makes these Saffer quicks so angry? Nel another frother (for example) but without the talent of the aforementioned 2.
Whenever i think of Nel i think of this:

They've been dealt a harsh hand in cricket, not having teams tour there for so long, being shafted by India, think they're always grateful to tour anywhere, love playing them, wholesome group.
And when the Aussies toured there last year (I think), the locals embraced the tour gratefully - there were banners in the crowd, thanking the Australians for touring their country. It's great to see, and will assist in keeping Test cricket healthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The greatest trick a man has ever pulled is Starc convincing a nation that he isn't a test spud.

Well maybe the second greatest trick, because Warner has done the same thing simultaneously.

I'm not a huge fan of either and they're just about done but to pretend they haven't been very good and absolute match winners at times is absolutely ridiculous but about on par for most of your ignorant horse shit comments around here. If you dislike the Australian cricket team so much how about #### off?

Surprised and also not surprised CricketSA didn't want a day/night test.

Such a success and shoot ourselves in the foot saying "waaa it's too late of a finish"

We don't help ourselves sometimes.

Watch us lose Gather Rd in AFL for a similar thing after a huge success/sell out.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back