Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

By what means is our season on the line?

We went quietly into the night in round one and we have periodically melted since, we are 6 years into a rebuild and we are fighting to try and stay in touch with the bottom half of the also rans.

We brought Waite in with designs on getting from the bottom half of the 8 to the top half of the 8. That plane sailed by half time in round one, with our start to the year we needed to be tough to the bye. Issues persist and we continue to underperform.

In that respcet he slots right in.

Brought in to help us in clutch moments, can anyone name one clutch moment he's taken?

We win this we will play finals, we lose we wont.

Anything can happen in september

We play a side this weekend that is now without 2 of its key position backs.

He'll likely be playing on a kid.

He'll probably kick a bag of 6.4 and have his spot sewn up for the rest of the year.

Exactly what I was alluding too.

And also the exact reason we didn't bring him over surely.

He was to help take us to another level and perform at crunch time, not just fill a spot where a younger player gets experience in "easier" games.....and hopefully kick a bag themselves.

Anything can happen in september

4 wins on top of having to win just about everything in the back half of the year to get there?

Generally teams that have to charge into finals are knackered by the time they get there.

If the upshot from that (if it happens) is a good run of form for him which helps see us chalk up a number of wins in a row I'm fine with it. I just won't be betting my house on that occurring!

I'm not sold on him.

The first half of the year has been underwhelming to say the least and I have no confidence that anythign will change in terms of form.

He beat up on one side this year, I don't care if he beats up on another with no KPB. Its an indicator of nothing for mine.

Brought in to help us in clutch moments, can anyone name one clutch moment he's taken?

No.

But I can name quite a few where he has completely *ed it up though.

And just as bad as even the most junior (or out of form) younger player would do, so I don't really get the point at the moment. And I don't buy the decoy and creating space excuse anymore, I was happy to back him in a couple of weeks back but he plainly isn't delivering no matter which was it's spun.

4 wins on top of having to win just about everything in the back half of the year to get there?

Generally teams that have to charge into finals are knackered by the time they get there.

We can afford to lose 3 more. This week isnt one of them.

Its a very tight season so we will need to win well in a few games

By what means is our season on the line?

We went quietly into the night in round one and we have periodically melted since, we are 6 years into a rebuild and we are fighting to try and stay in touch with the bottom half of the also rans.

We brought Waite in with designs on getting from the bottom half of the 8 to the top half of the 8. That plane sailed by half time in round one, with our start to the year we needed to be tough to the bye. Issues persist and we continue to underperform.

In that respcet he slots right in.

I saw him clutch at his leg in the game against West Coast. Does that count?

Lose three and wind up what 8th?

Under the current finals structure only 3 occasions has a side ever won its way to a prelim from the bottom half of the 8. Never has a team come from 5-8 to win the flag under the current structure.

Someone will argue that well some team will have to at some point. I don't believe that team will be us, not with the issues that we have. We melt when it gets hot, we play confused footy, we struggle on occasion against team we should slaughter.

We play a team that is hard at it like Sydney, Hawthorn or Freo in finals and we are hoping on a what 1-5% chance at us winning?

It'd be daylight robbery to pinch a flag from here.

Reaching Shannon Watt whipping boy status at the moment. Think people need to settle down and take some meds... preferably in that order.

I'd like to see how he goes with at least a near full-strength midfield (with Boomer forward of centre) before casting him off.

We are around 100 points away from our percentage reaching a 100% mark. To be above any team on percentage, who is vying for the finals, we'll need a percentage of at least 110-115%. This means no more big losses and at least 3-4 big wins from here. I still reckon it's doable to finish on 14:8 record again and this should result in a home final at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are around 100 points away from our percentage reaching a 100% mark. To be above any team on percentage, who is vying for the finals, we'll need a percentage of at least 110-115%. This means no more big losses and at least 3-4 big wins from here. I still reckon it's doable to finish on 14:9 record again and this should result in a home final at least.

wont be playing 23 games though

I'm probably crazy but I've just landed every leg of a sizeable multi ang guess what my last leg is.

Yep, good old Jarrod Waite to kick the most goals in today's game.

If he goes 0.4 with his first four shots today I'll be picturing you going off your rocker at home Harro. Good luck!

Will flat track the young Giants defenders which with our selection policy will mean his spot will be cemented for at least another 9 weeks regardless of how well Daw continues to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back