Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a strange feeling that apart frm his injury after injury in 2015 Waite will be fit and firing and be in career best form come finals....

As ludicrously unrealistic as the idea is, imagine if Waite won the Coleman. The tears of Carlton fans would be delicious.

(well, they would be tainted with tanking and salary cap cheating but you know, metaphor)

I've had that daydream too. All those 'potential' jokes on the main board...

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

Thank you for posting here on your own volition.
I'm going to enjoy bumping your tears throughout the year.

Tears? Ok lol. Do you ever wonder why carlton supporters hate waite? Is it prehaps because he left carlton? Good theory but no, weve been hating him long before that, me personally I am glad he is gone from our club. Youll find out soon that waite has all the talent in the world, he could be a very good player, but he is just a slacker. Always looking for the easy way out.

But I do wish him the best of luck next year at north Melbourne. If he wins a premiership with you guys next year, well then fantastic, hopefully it is you guys that win next year. Sick of seeing hawthorn always win lol.

Tears? Ok lol. Do you ever wonder why carlton supporters hate waite? Is it prehaps because he left carlton? Good theory but no, weve been hating him long before that, me personally I am glad he is gone from our club. Youll find out soon that waite has all the talent in the world, he could be a very good player, but he is just a slacker. Always looking for the easy way out.

But I do wish him the best of luck next year at north Melbourne. If he wins a premiership with you guys next year, well then fantastic, hopefully it is you guys that win next year. Sick of seeing hawthorn always win lol.
tumblr_mmwb801liK1qcxw91o1_500.gif

Ha ha ha keeping crying your tears are delicious... First you were injury trolling. Now everyone at Carlton hates Waite because he was a slacker.. *, no wonder he wanted to leave with fans like you. He was your best forward over the last five years and had to do it all himself. As he had a mosquito squad around him.

Get your facts right and check his numbers if you want to call him a slacker.

"North Melbourne’s second ever free agency addition comes to Arden Street on a two-year deal, and where Jarrad Waite fits in the forward line is a point for conjecture.

To start dissecting, you first have to look at his performances for Carlton. Waite was undoubtedly the Blues’ best forward when he was on the field this year.

Although the key-forward missed six games, he led the Blues as an inside 50 target with 99, and took 40 marks within the arc. Of those, 19 were contested, an impressive tally.

It’s Waite’s ability to provide both a target both in the contest and on the lead which provides a hint as to how useful he could be at Arden Street.

Waite has a track record of bringing his fellow forwards into the game, a task that can sometimes be tough for key-position players as the first option going inside 50. The former Blue was inside the top 10 at his old club for score assists during 2014.

Perhaps the biggest question mark over how Waite will perform at North is the calibre of defender he’ll play on. After Brendon Fevola departed the Blues at the end of 2009, he regularly played on the opposition’s best key defender in the last five seasons.

When Waite was fit and firing this season, he also doubled as one of the Blues’ best forwards at ground level. He ranked second for tackles in the forward 50, while leading the side in groundball gets in the area."

Last edited:

Ha ha ha keeping crying your tears are delicious... First you were injury trolling. Now everyone at Carlton hates Waite because he was a slacker.. ****, no wonder he wanted to leave with fans like you. He was your best forward over the last five years and had to do it all himself. As he had a mosquito squad around him.

"North Melbourne’s second ever free agency addition comes to Arden Street on a two-year deal, and where Jarrad Waite fits in the forward line is a point for conjecture.

To start dissecting, you first have to look at his performances for Carlton. Waite was undoubtedly the Blues’ best forward when he was on the field this year.

Although the key-forward missed six games, he led the Blues as an inside 50 target with 99, and took 40 marks within the arc. Of those, 19 were contested, an impressive tally.

It’s Waite’s ability to provide both a target both in the contest and on the lead which provides a hint as to how useful he could be at Arden Street.

Waite has a track record of bringing his fellow forwards into the game, a task that can sometimes be tough for key-position players as the first option going inside 50. The former Blue was inside the top 10 at his old club for score assists during 2014.

Perhaps the biggest question mark over how Waite will perform at North is the calibre of defender he’ll play on. After Brendon Fevola departed the Blues at the end of 2009, he regularly played on the opposition’s best key defender in the last five seasons.

When Waite was fit and firing this season, he also doubled as one of the Blues’ best forwards at ground level. He ranked second for tackles in the forward 50, while leading the side in groundball gets in the area."

First of all I wasnt injury trolling, a picture got posted up on the carlton boards saying he was injured. I didnt think it was true as you can see from my original post. Secondly, waite our best forward? How can he be our best forward if he never even played! Whens the last time waite made it into carltons top 10 B@F? I cant remember, can you? Your kidding yourself if you think waite will be better then petrie. Yeah when waite was fit and firing he was a good player, but thats the thing, when he WAS, which was, oddly enough, against you guys! Go figure.

Don't give up on that, are you considering moving to the mainland for more opportunities?
Yeah, its difficult to get picked up from another state with no experience though. Got to try get my foot in the door first and then will look to move.

Waite is not on the team-list on the Club's web-site. Only player that I can see is missing. Is that spooky ?

No Higgins either..

Got to wait until a Champion Data update (apparently soon) so we can post the profiles.

Until then if we post then the Carlton and Bulldogs' sites would pop up with Waite & Higgins in North jumpers. Which would be comedy...but probably not the right thing to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to wait until a Champion Data update (apparently soon) so we can post the profiles.

Until then if we post then the Carlton and Bulldogs' sites would pop up with Waite & Higgins in North jumpers. Which would be comedy...but probably not the right thing to do.

Oh, come on............do it!

Why can't you do what the Collingwood site has done and post non champion data pics (Geenwood, Varcoe etc) ??

First of all I wasnt injury trolling, a picture got posted up on the carlton boards saying he was injured. I didnt think it was true as you can see from my original post. Secondly, waite our best forward? How can he be our best forward if he never even played! Whens the last time waite made it into carltons top 10 B@F? I cant remember, can you? Your kidding yourself if you think waite will be better then petrie. Yeah when waite was fit and firing he was a good player, but thats the thing, when he WAS, which was, oddly enough, against you guys! Go figure.

I think you are projecting your own opinions on all Carlton supporters but didn't interpret your posts as trolling.

Why can't you do what the Collingwood site has done and post non champion data pics (Geenwood, Varcoe etc) ??

Check out the player profile page on our app (I meant app in my previous post, my mistake) - Levi's in a Collingwood jumper and I don't think there's too much we can do about it at the moment (unless I break the site tonight trying to fix it). It's a tricky one because you could create a new one from scratch and not use any Champion Data...well...data.

But then when the company does update the details there's no guarantee that the one you've created will merge into the existing player. Then you could be left with a Waite/Higgins that's played zero AFL games stuck on your site for weeks, possibly months. Because the lesson of all this is that nothing can be simple.

Check out the player profile page on our app (I meant app in my previous post, my mistake) - Levi's in a Collingwood jumper and I don't think there's too much we can do about it at the moment (unless I break the site tonight trying to fix it). It's a tricky one because you could create a new one from scratch and not use any Champion Data...well...data.

But then when the company does update the details there's no guarantee that the one you've created will merge into the existing player. Then you could be left with a Waite/Higgins that's played zero AFL games stuck on your site for weeks, possibly months. Because the lesson of all this is that nothing can be simple.

Thanks, Rick18 it was only a half serious question anyway, so no sweat. Thanks for replying :thumbsu:

Ha ha ha keeping crying your tears are delicious... First you were injury trolling. Now everyone at Carlton hates Waite because he was a slacker.. ****, no wonder he wanted to leave with fans like you. He was your best forward over the last five years and had to do it all himself. As he had a mosquito squad around him.

Everyone loved Waite, Carlton fans are more disappointed than angry. They're disappointed that Waite never lived up to his full potential, injury after injury held him back, but the club remained loyal and persistent and gave him an opportunity. After everything the club has done for Waite, he turned his back on them. This is why the carlton fans are disappointed. They knew how good he could be and the club gave him all they could but he gave a big f*** you to the Blues.

He left Carlton because the Blues wanted to rejuvenate their list, being 31 he assumed he was gonna be targeted.

Still one of my all time favourites at Carlton. He's capable of 20+ disposals and can kick multiple goals outside 50

Everyone loved Waite, Carlton fans are more disappointed than angry. They're disappointed that Waite never lived up to his full potential, injury after injury held him back, but the club remained loyal and persistent and gave him an opportunity. After everything the club has done for Waite, he turned his back on them. This is why the carlton fans are disappointed. They knew how good he could be and the club gave him all they could but he gave a big f*** you to the Blues.

He left Carlton because the Blues wanted to rejuvenate their list, being 31 he assumed he was gonna be targeted.

Still one of my all time favourites at Carlton. He's capable of 20+ disposals and can kick multiple goals outside 50
Contradicting yourself a bit - he left because he's disloyal, or he left because he expected to be a victim of list "rejuvenation"?

Pretty clearly he left because he had an opportunity and Carlton didn't want to offer him two years to match North. Boomer Harvey, who keeps taking a year and backing himself, is a rare player. Most guys at 30+ would want the extra year. Or maybe Waite had less faith in his club's list management than Harvey does, that if he had a decent year he'd get another contract. Without knowing, it's hard to see where the disappointment should be aimed.

Anyway, happy to have him. If only because it makes it less likely we'll be pipped by Carlton again this season.

You're entitled to your opinion but come on now.

He was 31 and had played at the club for 13 years but found himself stuck in the reserves. He hadn't been offered a solid new deal and a suitor emerged.

Hardly a "big f*** you" to Carlton supporters.

Vinny's boy is now our boy...

I reckon his best footy is ahead him Alistair Lynch styles. He moves and jumps better than most 18 year olds.

And he is a magnificent kick.

Waite > (Sydney) Tippet
Moves extrememly well for a big guy and clunks them with the best. If he plays 15 games at least 2 will be won off his boot.

Would not want to be a 25-35 player in this team. Tough to squeeze in in almost every position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back