Past #32: Jacob Edwards - drafted w/ #1 in '20 MSD - delisted end '23 w/ 0 NM games & 0 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

I rarely bag players but FFS HE has to make a decision as to whether he can commit? Look at the bloke's VFL numbers week on week. They are embarrassing and a kid plucked as an add-on player from local footy would be miles ahead of what this guy has produced. The kid must have some serious tickets on himself and has failed to pay the bus driver for them, leaving a pretty significant IOU at our footy club for being hoodwinked by his demand for a 3-year contract to not wait it out til the National Draft. If he had been Top 10 in the total draft he'd be the biggest bust since Fisher McAsey and someone would have had a carton of eggs on their face. Aurevoir Jacob.

Three years... we had the same issue with Kyron Hayden. Not good enough to upgrade but definitely good rookie coverage. I do agree it's a shame for the midseason guys. Problem with Jacob though, at least through that article up there, is he doesn't seem to want it enough either.
Good rookie coverage????? If the rookie coverage was for a tall down at Red Hill in the ones in the MPNFL.

Good rookie coverage????? If the rookie coverage was for a tall down at Red Hill in the ones in the MPNFL.

I was probably catering more to Hayden with that comment who got injured at all the worst times. No place on a senior list, fine for a rookie but the time was up.

I rarely bag players but FFS HE has to make a decision as to whether he can commit? Look at the bloke's VFL numbers week on week. They are embarrassing and a kid plucked as an add-on player from local footy would be miles ahead of what this guy has produced. The kid must have some serious tickets on himself and has failed to pay the bus driver for them, leaving a pretty significant IOU at our footy club for being hoodwinked by his demand for a 3-year contract to not wait it out til the National Draft. If he had been Top 10 in the total draft he'd be the biggest bust since Fisher McAsey and someone would have had a carton of eggs on their face. Aurevoir Jacob.
Maric @ WC a good example of a serviceable player stepping up from the suburban leagues.

Kind of bold of him to nominate an extended contract ahead of the drafting period when commitment and desire has apparently been a massive issue from day 1

The Daniel Gorringe "tall guys get longer to prove they can't play" rule strikes again.

Better to quit than to be sacked I guess
Probably the worst output we’ve had in a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CCJ makeing a good fist of it as well.

He'll do a Ted Talk about it one day I reckon.

..strides out on stage in San Francisco..

"(adjusts headset) Hi, my name is Callum (long breath) and believe it or not I was on an Australian Football team list for 35 years and played 12 games".

(slow clap starts and builds to thunderous applause)

"(adjusts headset) Hi, my name is Callum (long breath) and believe it or not I was on an Australian Football team list for 35 years and played 12 games".

such lyrical scripting ... magical

Inspired by another former North/Melbourne/GWS ruck.

Stuff it, I’ll buck the trend, if he can look clarko in the eye and say he is 110% in, happy for one more year.

I'd agree if we didn't have to upgrade him to the senior list. I can't see him being close to AFL level in the next year.

Bust.

If couldn’t get a taste of a game this year given profile of the guys ( spicer, Hansen Jr, Drurry, Dawson) who got matches ???

Then can’t see it happening

Bust.

If couldn’t get a taste of a game this year given profile of the guys ( spicer, Hansen Jr, Drurry, Dawson) who got matches ???

Then can’t see it happening
Not saying you are but so many on here say it's a late pick or a rookie pick worth the gamble if it doesnt turn out no big deal but in the next breath winging that said player is no good a spud waste of a pick lets get rid of him after 1-2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back