Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

Black's agility is off the charts, moreso that Wood's, but Wood is no slouch either. They'd be pretty similar in pace but Wood has the upper hand in endurance.

For me, incumbency overrides change. And Black is vastly more experienced than Wood, something not to be underestimated. It allows a player to adjust when things aren't going their way.

I reckon this kid is going to be something special.

Same feeling as watching Cunners in his first couple of seasons, showed glimpses of brilliance that made me think when this kid gets 70 odd games under his belt some magic will happen.

I hope he gets a decent run of games in 2015.

He's doing everything that is being asked of him.

Reckon he plays round one.

In the words of Dunstall i think on Wood.. "Everything he done today was Class"

I'd play him on a wing.

Drew and Waite get 2 spots.

And I simply can;t decide between Black and Brown for the other.
Toss up between the 2, I'd start with Brown due to how late Black started the preseason, let him get some game time in the 2s first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laid an absolute cracker of a tackle on Rance.

Bloke is a dead set jet, will be in our best 5 players in the future imo, he's an athletic beast to match his skill set. Now just needs games, to build experience in AFL running patterns etc.

Worked really hard on his size, he's huge for his age. Doesn't quite have the range and spring of Cameron, but you can see why they were compared pre-draft.

Going to make a gun CHF in 5 years imo.

Just finished watching the first quarter replay. Very impressive signs from Wood, surely has to be right in contention for round one. Also had a bit of a giggle at the Eddie Mcguire man-crush comment. The commentators love him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back