Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

So who is he; Darren Crocker, Craig Sholl or Corey Jones?

I reckon he plays a bit like Richo did late in his career (not saying he'll be as good). Working up on to the wing and then getting forward, using his tank to beat his man. He has good hands but can spray shots for goal. Really excited about this lad.

This kid can seriously play. He has great hands and isnvery mobile. He would have made his debut last yearnif not for injury. Excited to see what he can do.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

This kid will be a star. Have said that since we first got him on board was an absolute steal

^^^^^^^^^ These !!!!

So who is he; Darren Crocker, Craig Sholl or Corey Jones?

Think of Scott Pendlebury but can take an overhead mark....... I am telling you he is Sp's clone !!!!

I reckon he plays a bit like Richo did late in his career (not saying he'll be as good). Working up on to the wing and then getting forward, using his tank to beat his man. He has good hands but can spray shots for goal. Really excited about this lad.

People forget how good Corey Jones was prior to his foot injury.
An extremely tough matchup. If Mason could be this and polish up the areas Corey lacked in, wow we have a player.
In the bits I gave seen of him he looks far more adept up the ground.
The fact Laidley won a semi final in 2007 without Nathan Thompson and Jones is still one of his greatest achievements on a seperate note.

An extremely tough matchup. If Mason could be this and polish up the areas Corey lacked in, wow we have a player.
The fact Laidley won a semi final in 2007 without Nathan Thompson and Jones is still one of his greatest achievements on a seperate note.

That injury was rotten timing for him. Just as he seemed to be reaching his peak to be cut down like that was a real shame. Tbh it took me a few years to warm to Jones but he was always an honest player.

Wood can play a bit taller IMO (even though he's only 2cm taller) and play up the ground more the Jones did. Hope he plays as smart.

Can't really know for sure till he starts playing in the ones but he has Jones covered IMO.

Azza played tall and kicked 4 (extremely tall in fact.) And Boomer kicked four himself, if i recall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like him to play like nick Riewoldt running from half forward leading up to the wing and burning his opponent on the way back

With a forward line of Tarrant,Petrie,Black and probably Daw, where does Wood fit in?
His form will be demanding selection soon enough.
Is he quick and agile enough to play on a wing?He seems to have the tank, so maybe a strong marking more skilled LA or Gibbo?

To be honest I cannot recall a time where there have been so many potential options in the F50 before a ball has even been kicked in anger.

Currie killing it forward, Wood developing, Daw threatening to live up to his promise, Tarrant the workhorse, Black now a lock, Dish the proven performer. Then there's the half forward role that Wood and Black could slot into, with Adams the incumbent, Garner pushing, Harper unlucky with injury but there or there abouts, Nahas brought in and the necessity to have our plethora of mids rotate forward.

There will be blood spilt on the track this year.

As for Wood, he looks capable of working in tandem with Black as a hard leading, athletic forward who can get involved in the play or off half forward. Whether he gets a gig is another matter.

To be honest I cannot recall a time where there have been so many potential options in the F50 before a ball has even been kicked in anger.

Currie killing it forward, Wood developing, Daw threatening to live up to his promise, Tarrant the workhorse, Black now a lock, Dish the proven performer. Then there's the half forward role that Wood and Black could slot into, with Adams the incumbent, Garner pushing, Harper unlucky with injury but there or there abouts, Nahas brought in and the necessity to have our plethora of mids rotate forward.

There will be blood spilt on the track this year.

As for Wood, he looks capable of working in tandem with Black as a hard leading, athletic forward who can get involved in the play or off half forward. Whether he gets a gig is another matter.

I think this is the go, but I'm not sure if we will see it straight away (R1) unless Wood really puts a hand up in the NAB games.

Picture our forward line in three or four years time with Wood, Black, Tarrant & Daw all peaking.

Good luck to any opposition teams trying to stop that.

Wood shouldn't be forced in but rather worked into the forward line as the gameplan warms up and becomes more fluid.

Gold KC!

As for Wood, so many questions remain. It reminds me of when his uncle Charlie first entered the NFL as a quarterback.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck
If a woodchuck could chuck wood?
As much wood as a woodchuck could chuck,
If a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Wood comes straight in when ready tank wise.

Black, Daw (likewise re; tank) and Wood is one good looing forward set-up once Petrie goes, with LT, Boomer (when he retires at 50 or so), Adams, Nahas, Harper, Garner whoever getting the crumbs.

Wood comes straight in when ready tank wise.

Black, Daw (likewise re; tank) and Wood is one good looing forward set-up once Petrie goes, with LT, Boomer (when he retires at 50 or so), Adams, Nahas, Harper, Garner whoever getting the crumbs.

What an odd comment. He had AFL standard endurance the moment he came to the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back