Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

He can run all day long and has beautiful skills but the knock on him is that he shirks the contest and that makes him look pedestrian and soft. I'm a big fan but he needs a Cunnington like toughness and we will have a potential gun on our hands.

He can run all day long and has beautiful skills but the knock on him is that he shirks the contest and that makes him look pedestrian and soft. I'm a big fan but he needs a Cunnington like toughness and we will have a potential gun on our hands.

If he had mongrel he'd be in the team already.

The Turner, Garner, Ziebell, Cunnington (and Anderson hopefully) standard of relishing going in head first at every opportunity needs to be the baseline for our entire side.
Players like Mason who have skill in spades need to adopt this mindset if we are going to be the contested side that teams fear come September.
It's a choice, and one I hope he and the others make - he has the size to do some real damage if he applies himself.

We do forget about Swallow around here, no one goes in harder than him.

Natural forward, I think thats where he needs to play.

He is pretty much the same as Crameri imo. Big tank, bit of speed, solid overhead and has the ability to kick multiple goals, but is a dash too small to play as a key forward.

With Brown apparently having a restricted pre-season and Wood seemingly having a very impressive pre-season, what chance Wood starts ahead of Brown round 1?

Could he emulate Nick Riewoldt/Richo and just run his opponents into the ground and get them on the overlap into an open fwd line?

(Does this make sense, I've literally just woken up from havibg a camera up my backside - all clear for those interested)!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could he emulate Nick Riewoldt/Richo and just run his opponents into the ground and get them on the overlap into an open fwd line?

(Does this make sense, I've literally just woken up from havibg a camera up my backside - all clear for those interested)!
The problem is whether he's smart enough to pull that off, both Riewoldt and Richo's leading patterns were very good and they are very smart in the football senses.

Interesting to see Mason being played forward again.

Wonder what this tells us about the position of Black on the list. Could Daw, Brown, Wood be the future?

As of today i'd assume Mason gets the nod ahead of Black as a 3rd forward option one would think.

The problem is whether he's smart enough to pull that off, both Riewoldt and Richo's leading patterns were very good and they are very smart in the football senses.

That's all great K4E but I think we'd all prefer to hear more about Hazey's arse.

Wonder what this tells us about the position of Black on the list. Could Daw, Brown, Wood be the future?

As of today i'd assume Mason gets the nod ahead of Black as a 3rd forward option one would think.

Think you're on the money there. Gotta remember also that Drew / Waite are more than likely both gone in a year or so. That leaves an established forward line of Brown, Higgins, Thomas. Wood may not be big enough to be a traditional KPF but we've seen before (Crameri as above, Murhpy) that it doesn't have to be a deal breaker.

The signs are good. The contrast between Wood and Aaron Black couldn't have been more stark. Mason was simply drawing the footy to him through his leading patterns while Blacky was, sadly, mostly invisible. A rotating role between wing and leading forward a la Richo will suit Wood to a tee.

Great. Expect an IPL auction style bidding war on here for the rights to the footage.

One particular poster has just sold a car and the cash is said to be burning a hole in his pocket..

With Brown apparently having a restricted pre-season and Wood seemingly having a very impressive pre-season, what chance Wood starts ahead of Brown round 1?

No chance he plays before Brown in round 1, Brown looked really good on Saturday.

He played up the ground early and forward in 2nd half.

1st half = completely lost
2nd half= completely comfortable

No chance he plays before Brown in round 1, Brown looked really good on Saturday.
Well that's good to hear. Before now, it seemed that for the most part the reports I had read about Brown's pre-season were negative and that he was still struggling with his body. Will be some player if he can get a full pre-season in at some stage.

Well that's good to hear. Before now, it seemed that for the most part the reports I had read about Brown's pre-season were negative and that he was still struggling with his body. Will be some player if he can get a full pre-season in at some stage.

My understanding is that other than the last two weeks he has had a full preseason.

in fact people mentioned he was seen running by himself at arden st during the holidays. Maybe he overdid it a bit.

I stood near hi during the game on Saturday and the guy is seriously big.

Am I the only one who would love a full copy of the intra club. Love to see the boys in action. Gagging for footage.
We should be able to log in with our membership details to view more footage.

Would spend an entire weekend just rewatching it and trying to pay attention to individual performances as much as the footage allows.

Would spend an entire weekend just rewatching it and trying to pay attention to individual performances as much as the footage allows.

I misread the above two posts as being a response to the "clear footage" discussion on the previous page. Even with this misunderstanding I still agreed with both posts. :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back