Past #33: Ed Vickers-Willis - delisted at end of 2020 season - won't be offered a new contract - 21 NM games - thanks EVW

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to feel for the first year players just about more than anybody. From the excitement of getting to a club to starting to dream about playing the first senior game to the sudden realization that a debut would most likely be at least a year away, if not more, with a long-term injury like that.

Out of our control if he did in it a tackle.

I'm not blaming the club or anything, just saying if a kid gets drafted to North there's a fair chance he'll get injured.

Goes back to JZ breaking his leg twice. Cunners foot, Harper, Garner, Tarrant, Nielson. Dare I say Jesse Smith

Been pretty unlucky IMO

I'm not blaming the club or anything, just saying if a kid gets drafted to North there's a fair chance he'll get injured.

Goes back to JZ breaking his leg twice. Cunners foot, Harper, Garner, Tarrant, Nielson. Dare I say Jesse Smith

Been pretty unlucky IMO
Fair point.

It might give a chance to one of Warren or Fordham so there might be a positive from the injury.

It happens. I don't think there is much you can do about injuries to young players in particular. It's actually one of the flaws of our system because we recruit very young IMO.

Unf***ingbelievable. Kids must be shitting their pants when we draft them, knowing that serious injury is just around the corner!
It's like a scene out of nightmare on elm street. They need to play, but theyre well aware of would could happen. One by one, others around them are being picked off, ever wary that their number could be drawn next. I assume this is how Sam durdin feels. Wondering why he's not getting much ball? Reason found.

Unf***ingbelievable. Kids must be shitting their pants when we draft them, knowing that serious injury is just around the corner!
I know right: damn Scotts, always injuring our kids! Sack him! Sack him now!

Also, :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both he and Nielson picked up structural injuries that hopefully won't affect their flexibility and athleticism. If you are going to get injured, they are the two you'd want to avoid, along with possibly foot stress fractures (Curran) or hammy off the bone (Garner) or chronic ankle (Harper).

Tall outside midfielder in the mould of Mason Wood but will be better imo. Has elite kicking ability, and barring injury setbacks, wouldn't rule him out for a round one debut next year. Club rate him highly internally. Potential future skipper also

Tall outside midfielder in the mould of Mason Wood but will be better imo. Has elite kicking ability, and barring injury setbacks, wouldn't rule him out for a round one debut next year. Club rate him highly internally. Potential future skipper also
More a third tall defender/half back. Not overly quick but a clever footballer. Solid through thighs and core, so nice base to build from and a good height (190ish cm). Will likely replace Spud but could also run through the guts (doesn't really look like a natural inside player). Will be a good role player.

Captained MGS is that right? Despite sometimes thinking that our preference for good boys leads to us missing out on some talent I'm pleased we pursue leaders. JMac is a classic example.
Yep captained the school, and captained the first 18 footy side. Hopefully he becomes the tall rangy outside mid we have needed for the past 5 years . As previously mentioned, elite kick also .

Does not have an elite kick...he may averaged 80% disposal efficiency at the championships last year but he has one of the most awkward kicking styles I've ever seen.
Has an elite kick, no two ways about it... Scored 17/20 on the kicking test at the draft combine last year...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back