Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Large bunch of flogs in this thread who seriously need to look up the definition of 'supporter'. Bloke has been playing since the Freo game with shoulder subluxations. Now perhaps some of you aren't smart enough to realise you can't do upper body weights with a dicky shoulder, perhaps that would be the reason for loss of strength even the changed kicking routine of running out wide to get more on the kick. Embarrassed by the lack of support shown to a bloke clearly being hampered by injury.

Large bunch of flogs in this thread who seriously need to look up the definition of 'supporter'. Bloke has been playing since the Freo game with shoulder subluxations. Now perhaps some of you aren't smart enough to realise you can't do upper body weights with a dicky shoulder, perhaps that would be the reason for loss of strength even the changed kicking routine of running out wide to get more on the kick. Embarrassed by the lack of support shown to a bloke clearly being hampered by injury.

You play you are declared fit and the club and black are to blame

If he's up for selection he's fit enough. Support him, absolutely, but call it as you see it. He drops uncontested marks, his tackling pressure was nil, he plays on pretty much the worst defenders in the side and gets towelled up, and he kicked 1 goal in 5 weeks!

He should have been sent into surgery when wood started dominating the Vfl, but wood was being kept out of the side. I think he'll be good for us still but this year cancelled out last year unfortunately, and there are viable options now to replace him. Wood should start in 2015.

Will people please stop suggesting we trade or delist Black. Seriously. He is a KPF playing what is essentially his second season in the AFL (with the handicap of having to comeback from significant injuries). He hasn't even played 50 games yet. He will improve, significantly, in the next two-three years - have a bit of patience.

Sam Wright did an exceptional turn around when it appeared he was headed in a downward spiral and I feel Aaron Black will work hard over some and become a force again next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo. I wouldn't be against giving Blacky some time in the VFL much as we did with Wright, Greenwood in recent periods to try and improve him.

I'm fine with people being critical of a player, but some of the s**t that people are saying is down right offensive and mean. If youre going to be critical of a player point out what you don't like rather than resorting to name calling.

And to claim Black would head back to WA at the idea of being dropped to the twos is just a load of s**t.
Remember this is the same player who turned down a massive offer last year to sign for 3 with us?

and I have it from a decent source that if he had signed with Freo a number of their older/star players were going to take a pay cut to pay his wages to give you an idea of how big the offer was.

It's not about money, he loves the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no words regarding blacks game...... Ok i do discracefull!
Drew Petrie, Ben Brown, & wait for it.. Aaron Black. Up against Lance Franklin, Kurt Tippett, & Sam Reid, and Adam Goodes and Luke Parker. Hahaha.
Our forwards are the best! Aaron Mediocre.

My nephew is 18 and playes seniors and goes in harder than that! Wood starts next year black back to magoos.......

i wouldnt be upset if we delisted him, he was disgracefull tonight
lol

turn it up
11.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Black had 3x more dropped marks than disposals, and his direct opponent torched us. It was blindingly bad. I'm sure a mid (Jacobs) was going to be subbed out but Blacky was woeful.

Not denying he was bad, just noting that he was probably no worse than most of the team when we last played a final.

can someone explain to me why black can't go back into defence at some stage. would allow us to play wood and add an extra tall in the backline. He'd need to put another 5 or so kilos, but is athletic and got the skills. Just in case nobody noticed the backs didn't exactly have it all their own way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back