Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Hasn't got the frame. Would just be another Hansen, Grima, Thompson.

i really hope he'll have a good preseason and fix his run up/kicking action. compare it to 2013 and its not even recognisable. Dont know why it has changed soo much, specially when he was deadly accurate.

Any news if he's heading off to get work done on his shoulder?

No.

Just a flat out no.

If any forward was to be moved, it's Dish.
I'm not sure if you're suggesting petrie be moved down back but that definitely shouldn't happen. For all the talk of having a poor season he's our leading goal scorer and if he was moved back the forward line structure and matchups would be significantly weakened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why my thread was moved into this, I am not advocating delisting or trading (mind you I would if the price was right) but just find it strange that at no stage this year while he was stinking it up fwd that a move to defense wasnt trialled.

The sugges tions to trade/delist Black are by far the most ridiculous/funniest/mind-numbingly stupid ideas I've read in my short time on BF.
Your first off season is always the hardest and the real heavy going is just about to kick in ;)

Not sure why my thread was moved into this, I am not advocating delisting or trading (mind you I would if the price was right) but just find it strange that at no stage this year while he was stinking it up fwd that a move to defense wasnt trialled.

Thread was moved because of the Player Watch threads dedicated to discussion about that particular player.

Part of our new system, trying to keep the board from being clogged.

Play on.

Your first off season is always the hardest and the real heavy going is just about to kick in ;)
I lurked without making an account around the time of last off-season so I have some sort of idea of what to expect. Didn't expect suggestions like this one though.

Okay it was slightly tongue in cheek..more so to do with the Duck's arrogance in that he didn't want to play there!
Back on topic..Black would add nothing that Spud, Thompson and Grima cant add.
Fair enough.
Grima firrito and thompson all coming to the end though and in any case arent the answer. Seeking alternatives.

Robbie Tarrant to defence and send Black to the 2nds so he can have a Spud Firrito sort of epiphany and realise playing in the VFL is s**t. Meanwhile, in comes Mason Wood.

Really hope Aaron sets himself for a huge preseason and regains the faith of many of us. I for one believe he is going to be a very good player for us, and have felt so for a couple years. Just his attributes, his athleticism, his goal sense and his ability to set up goals for his teammates are firm reasoning for him becoming a good player. His goal kicking WAS very good before this season, which begs the question "What the f*** happened?", has he been instructed to change his routine? Or is it purely a confidence issue?

What is frustrating is that he could have very easily kicked 3+ last week against Geelong and had a blinder of a game, but reality is he didn't, and he was a genuine liability against Sydney. Sydney are an incredible team, and made a few of his mistakes look like absolute disasters.

I have a lot of faith in Black, but he needs a huge preseason, him and the club will sit down and discuss what went wrong I'm sure, and I hope that they are able to gauge how they handled the Sam Wright situation, and how they can look to get the best out of Black in 2015. The obvious things he needs to work on are his size, a few kg's of muscle to his upper body to allow him to remain in contests more. Also needs to improve his engine, I see it as a big reason as to why he went missing for long periods in games. The last is obviously his goal kicking, but as he is a forward I'm sure this is emphasised a lot.

Kid battled through injury and was statistically only slightly off his break out year.

Without injury he would have killed it.

Like he will next year.

get his body right and he will bounce back hard. He will be keen to attone..injured or not he will be motivated all pre season by his last performance..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back