Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, clearly the Daw game is correct - it was the last game he played and he definitely took his chance.

I would agree that the nominated Black game is also correct - he started to fade at the back end of 2014, culminating in a really poor preliminary final in Sydney.

What were you thinking? Is this what you were suggesting in terms of time elapsed?
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm not arguing that those aren't the right cases. I'm just wondering if everyone else thought so as well.

Round 23, 2015 - 2.0 and 25 hit outs in "LOLs you're think you actually good" loss against Richmond.
Round 16, 2014 - 3.2 and 6 marks in a 20 point win over Hawthorn.

Unlike many I actually think black was good in our final win over *. Took nine marks playing up the ground and helped set up drews second goal.

Wasn't terrible against the cats the week after but kicked 1.3.

Was putrid against the swans. And was poor in his limited showings this year. Black actually played some decent footy at times in 2014. Mainly early though.

Black can play but gee whiz, needs to pull his finger out a bit in the contest.

If he is hurt based on shoulder issues then he shouldn't play. If he is fit to play he goes as hard as anyone else, can't have it both ways.

I'm not unhappy anymore he couldn't be moved on as of course no one else would want him of prior displays. I just hope he realizes his AFL career is hanging by a thread and he makes something of it.

A hit up HF/winger who competes hard in the air, stays intense at ground level, and works defensively is a role we could use. When Petrie/Waite are gone Brown will need support assuming Daw is either gone or playing closer to goal.

Last edited:

Here is what i think some of us are backing Black and have good reasons in why that is the case and i have no problem with that..

Others like myself are'nt backing him and dont believe he is representing the jumper like he should be and we have our reasons also which has already been discussed..

I'm not going to repeat myself over and over cause i really can't be bothered any more..

But it's got nothing to do with "Hate the bloke" or don't like the guy" and those that want to believe that good luck cause i'm sorry it's a load of s**t!
Dont ignore some of the reasons we have given and offend others by saying that we "hate or don't like player X" or something along them lines...

Just like i'm Not Ignoring some of the reasons given in favour of backing him!
It's Nothing Personal it's about Representing The Jumper and we have different opinions on that...
Rant over..

Last edited:
I don't remember anyone ever saying anyone hated the guy and thats why they were having a crack.

Or are there some deleted/imaginary posts in here somewhere?

The thread feel has turned into a bit of a "have a free hit from behind your keyboard" type deal really, but noone has been lain into for their opinion.
In fact people are getting away with expressing their views in a far harsher light than in some of the other player threads.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's exactly like a conversation I had with my old man.

"You need to see the doctor."
"What for?"
"He'll tell you."

Doctor didn't tell me because he didn't know. (It was for a flu shot and the explanation would have taken ten seconds tops.) I got in trouble. Rage ensued.

This bloke could be our real smokey. We all know he can really play but it's been a while for whatever reasons. If he can stand up and produce the form we know he is capable of then we have a real bonus recruit. Just do it Blacky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back