Past 35. Ed Curnow

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk about taking over the captaincy and filling the massive boots of Cripps in the centre square. What a huge game from Ed.

he's probably just run 16 kms, a billion touches, a million contested, finishes an interview with david king (the most taxing part of his entire day) and then what does he do? goes for a hand-slap sprint around the boundary for all the blues fans - he's beyond mechanical..........

Cripps - who is probably the best clearance player I have ever seen - has only once had more than 14 clearances in a match (17).

Gives some perspective on how immense Ed was yesterday.

Bravo Eduardo.

Needed to step up in the absence of Cripps & did so magnificently.

Was beaten in the first half by Fyfe but the change was made there and he was enormous, particularly after half time.

Glad to see him back in the middle. He should never have been moved out of there.

he's probably just run 16 kms, a billion touches, a million contested, finishes an interview with david king (the most taxing part of his entire day) and then what does he do? goes for a hand-slap sprint around the boundary for all the blues fans - he's beyond mechanical..........

I had the same thoughts Thy.....He was running faster doing the crowd high fives than I ever ran in a game :smirk:

Happy to say that he has more than proved me wrong - has plenty to offer (as we all know), and he certainly won't be surpassed by any of our young brigade in the next 3 years (as I predicted would happen starting this year).

I guess the previous coach may have felt the same as me, hence the move of Ed to FWD - but the folly of this was categorically demonstrated today.

Play your best players, and play them where they play best.

Ed is one of our best, and plays midfield best. Let's leave it that way until someone takes the spot from his ultra competitive hands!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take a bow Edwardo!

D-Tj4rFUEAED9ij.jpg

Mr. Curnow, we've been looking far and wide for a mature player to step into the midfield to assist and guide our our young brigade and support Mr Cripps.

And there you are... right under our noses. Please don't stray too far from now on and stay on-ball :cool:

Game 200 this week. What an effort from a former delisted rookie who had to spend 2 years with Box Hill to get a rookie gig with Carlton.

He has done it the hard way with grit and determination.

Well done Ed. I salute you.

Ed is my favourite blue-collar player in AFL - love him and what he contributes to the Club week in week out - a real Club man who deserves the ultimate respect. Well done Ed - onwards to your next 50!

Ed is my favourite blue-collar player in AFL - love him and what he contributes to the Club week in week out - a real Club man who deserves the ultimate respect. Well done Ed - onwards to your next 50!
Up there with Andrew Carrazzo. Great servant of the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back