Past 35. Ed Curnow

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if anyone has listened to Dyl & Friends podcast with Tony Armstrong. He tells a great story that really highlights the ridiculous work ethic and determination that Ed has.

It's pre-season at the Crows and they're doing a hill sprint session where they run to the hill a few km away from the club. Ed is leading the way on the run there as well as just showing off his endurance in the hill sprints. By the end of them, he's just crouched over looking like he's about to go into cardiac arrest. The coach leading the session says 'time to go boys, leave him behind'. They take off jogging back to the club, and about halfway through Ed sprints past them and beats them all back to the club.

Love Ed. Has always played within his limitations, done everything the club has asked of him, and worked extremely hard to be the best he can be. A wonderful role model through action to the younger players. Richmond may have gotten Lambert, but we grabbed Ed from the Hawks. A shrewd piece of recruiting. I’m thrilled he has hit this milestone, and should be celebrated for all the things he has done and given to the Navy Blues.

to arrive at carlton the roundabout way he did and to then become a club stalwart like he was born out back of the sarah sands is utterly amazeballs.....

And here I thought he was born in the regular way. His Mum Sarah is the real hero here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonderful servant of the club and still underrated by many Carlton supporters for his tireless on-field contributions. A genuine leader too, both for his selfless playing style and unflinching commitment to training standards.

Above all else Ed has projected as just being a great guy to have around the place, a fun influence on the playing group during some difficult years.

A hugely deserved 200 games and for the reasons outlined above, I hope he adds to them next season.

Wonderful servant of the club and still underrated by many Carlton supporters for his tireless on-field contributions. A genuine leader too, both for his selfless playing style and unflinching commitment to training standards.

Above all else Ed has projected as just being a great guy to have around the place, a fun influence on the playing group during some difficult years.

A hugely deserved 200 games and for the reasons outlined above, I hope he adds to them next season.

Ditto all the quoted for me.

I'm not overly sentimental where i love, or even like, every player that pulls on the jumper. I believe that proper admiration warrants discernment. Ed Curnow has my admiration. I reckon he has been a proper value add to this footy club and the blokes he's played with.

Well done Ed. Much deserved 200.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back